Sincerely seeking advice on 3L recruiting with 3.12 from T14

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sincerely seeking advice on 3L recruiting with 3.12 from T14

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 am

so I am from T14 and my gpa for 1L was 3.21 last year, and totally struck out on the OCI.
I did accumulate other experiences,( my 1L summer was with the state court judge and I did well with the moot court )
but my gpa totally got torn this semester and I am left with 3.15 to do a 3L recruiting.
I am currently summering at a gov't (that does not lead to a permanent position).

at a loss as to what firms I should target.
My primary location is NY (I have work experiences here) and SF (I grew up here).

I am still thinking of mass mailing all big laws at the end of July.
Do you think it's all useless?
what should i do?

xcountryjunkie

Re: Sincerely seeking advice on 3L recruiting with 3.12 from T14

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

Massmailing wouldn't be useless. Sitting there and doing nothing would be. While you may not have the world's best odds at landing a gig, by massmailing you certainly have better odds than otherwise. Also, think closely about whether you have any contacts/favors you can call in. T14 would give you some credibility if someone on the inside was recommending you.

rad lulz

Re: Sincerely seeking advice on 3L recruiting with 3.12 from T14

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:00 am

Return to “Legal Employment”