Mailing/Emailing Application Materials

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mailing/Emailing Application Materials

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Do I e-mail the recruiting directors my resume/cover letter/unofficial transcripts/writing sample? Or should it all be by snail mail?

lolwat

Re: Mailing/Emailing Application Materials

Postby lolwat » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:28 pm

email or apply via online (if they have one), though email is still better if they give you that option.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:54 pm

United States Postal Service, via registered mail, and make sure all of the paper is at least 70-pound presentation-grade paper, or it goes right in the trash.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 pm

I emailed mine. Although I like sending in my stuff on nice paper, I dont think it makes any difference to them.

Do you think it's too early to start sendig them out? I started today and i'm worried that firms will just be like "wtf we're in the middle of the summer before you want to work. pump the brakes"

Return to “Legal Employment”