Got interview at job fair...bid oci also??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Got interview at job fair...bid oci also??

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 am

I was preselected for a firm through the semjf job fair...at semjf they are doing the interview for multiple offices..I wrote my cover letter saying i wanted a texas office

the same firm is coming to my oci and only interviewing for the dc office, is it proper protocal to apply to the firm through my oci for the dc office as well or no go??....(my oci is total preselect fyi)

Anonymous User

Re: Got interview at job fair...bid oci also??

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:I was preselected for a firm through the semjf job fair...at semjf they are doing the interview for multiple offices..I wrote my cover letter saying i wanted a texas office

the same firm is coming to my oci and only interviewing for the dc office, is it proper protocal to apply to the firm through my oci for the dc office as well or no go??....(my oci is total preselect fyi)

Do it only if you have enough bids. If you don't have enough bids to cover all the firms you want, it would probably be a waste of a bid. Two years ago, I had 25 firms that overlapped between OCI and two minority job fairs. Only one gave me two screeners. That firm realized its mistake and asked my OCS to cancel my OCI screener. I interviewed with all 25 firms, did not get two interviews with any firm. My guess is the firms track this stuff and avoid double dipping if they have the power to do so (preselect system).

guano

Re: Got interview at job fair...bid oci also??

Postby guano » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was preselected for a firm through the semjf job fair...at semjf they are doing the interview for multiple offices..I wrote my cover letter saying i wanted a texas office

Do it only if you have enough bids. If you don't have enough bids to cover all the firms you want, it would probably be a waste of a bid. Two years ago, I had 25 firms that overlapped between OCI and two minority job fairs. Only one gave me two screeners. That firm realized its mistake and asked my OCS to cancel my OCI screener. I interviewed with all 25 firms, did not get two interviews with any firm. My guess is the firms track this stuff and avoid double dipping if they have the power to do so (preselect system).

Generally, firms don't want to have to consider the same candidate twice. If they nayed you the first time, they'll probably nay you the second time. Might still be worth trying, but only if you have bids left or are really gung go about the place.

Return to “Legal Employment”