SA • Offer Status

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

SA • Offer Status

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 am

I was offered.
5
7%
I was no-offered.
23
32%
Not yet determined. Not certain what will happen.
6
8%
Not yet determined. I think I will be offered.
34
48%
Not yet determined. I do not think I will be offered.
1
1%
Cold Offer
2
3%
 
Total votes: 71

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:24 am

Since we’re in the 10th week of SAs for some, curious about how SAs are coming along with an offer. Understood that some SAs terms run longer than 10 weeks and it’s also understood that some firms announce their intentions early, while others delay for weeks.

BTW: You can change your vote, meaning that if you do not know, you can return and update your situation. As with most polls, you can also add any comments you feel are helpful or interesting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 pm

There are people in the 10th week now? How is that possible? I just finished the sixth week, and my firm started on the early side.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I officially started on the first Monday in May, which would be the 3rd, so this is week #9 for me, but it is possible that my SA may go for another 2-3 weeks. Which is fine with me!

Edit: Just noticed that someone was no-offered. How did that happen? Especially so early in the process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:57 pm

many people just finished week 4

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Holy shit, this obviously unbiased poll is showing a lot of no offers. I'd prepare thy anus SA's

User avatar
Summerz
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Summerz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Holy shit, this obviously unbiased poll is showing a lot of no offers. I'd prepare thy anus SA's

Could be a bloodbath of no-offers if SAs from 2009 are voting.

AllTheLawz
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby AllTheLawz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Anyone who has already completed the 10th week isn't at a firm where "offer"/"no offer" are truly relevant terms

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 pm

OP. Poll intent was for this SA class but it wasn’t spelt out, so opps. The way I read it (from YTD), looks pretty positive where most believe that they will be offered (or simply not sure).

AllTheLawz wrote:Anyone who has already completed the 10th week isn't at a firm where "offer"/"no offer" are truly relevant terms

Plz explain.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby shock259 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm

It's week 6. Why is this poll already here?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

shock259 wrote:It's week 6. Why is this poll already here?

It's week #9 for me.

AllTheLawz
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby AllTheLawz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP. Poll intent was for this SA class but it wasn’t spelt out, so opps. The way I read it (from YTD), looks pretty positive where most believe that they will be offered (or simply not sure).

AllTheLawz wrote:Anyone who has already completed the 10th week isn't at a firm where "offer"/"no offer" are truly relevant terms

Plz explain.


Most of the places where people will be in their 10th week are non-big law firms where 100% offer rates are unlikely or where there was little intention to hire all summer associates. The hiring practices of these types of places are so need and situation specific that you can't really draw any trends from them.
Last edited by AllTheLawz on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Lasers » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:49 am

ahah, 12 no offers already by july 1. we're on record pace.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am

Lasers wrote:ahah, 12 no offers already by july 1. we're on record pace.

Unless someone says/writes I was just no-offered, I’d have to assume the no-offers (prior to this week) are all from previous years.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Lasers wrote:ahah, 12 no offers already by july 1. we're on record pace.

Unless someone says/writes I was just no-offered, I’d have to assume the no-offers (prior to this week) are all from previous years.


How can someone, who I assume is probably pretty smart, be so dumb.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 am

Holy crap so many no offers

Alert ATL

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 am

The only other rational explanation (although a stretch) …. those who did not secure an SA position were technically no-offered.

As far as I know the earliest anyone could know about their SA status would be this week. From what I have seen on the various SA threads, the vibe is very optimistic.

From the YTD polling, 100% feel they will be offered (or are unsure). 0% feel otherwise.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:The only other rational explanation (although a stretch) …. those who did not secure an SA position were technically no-offered.

As far as I know the earliest anyone could know about their SA status would be this week. From what I have seen on the various SA threads, the vibe is very optimistic.

From the YTD polling, 100% feel they will be offered (or are unsure). 0% feel otherwise.


I'll give you one other guess why your totally anonymous, absurdly early, poll of TLS at large has so many no offers.

User avatar
Summerz
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Summerz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 pm

I believe the OP should have just polled the question to current SAs...“do you think you will be offered?"

As noted above, most current SAs seem to be feeling good about their offer chances.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273088
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.


Are you fucking retarded or trolling?

User avatar
Summerz
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Summerz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.

I would think that during the day SAs are busily working away and have no time to reply to an internet message board.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3139
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.

This math checks out.

run26.2
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby run26.2 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:14 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.

This math checks out.

Only if by "checks out'" you mean that 10% is a gross-overestimation. What the anon meant to say was that less than 4% of today's law students have an SA. Times are indeed tough.

User avatar
Summerz
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Summerz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm

run26.2 wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible that less than 10% of today’s law students have an SA? If so, has it always been that way. I asked because there have been over 1,300 views on this topic with fewer than 40 people able to submit a response.

This math checks out.

Only if by "checks out'" you mean that 10% is a gross-overestimation. What the anon meant to say was that less than 4% of today's law students have an SA. Times are indeed tough.

You may be right about that. My guesstimate is that the T14 class totals 4,500, of those, 3,500 have an SA. Then say 1,000 others (compilation of all others schools) have SAs. That totals 4,500 SAs. If 3% of those SAs show up on a TLS message board, we’re talking 135 SAs in the house (at some point or another).

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: SA • Offer Status

Postby Lasers » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:34 pm

rad lulz wrote:Holy crap so many no offers

Alert ATL

Haha...I can almost see it now. Evidence: results of tls poll.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.