Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:top 10% at CLS, nothing.

Can I ask what approximate GPA that is? I applied to QE too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Did you not include that in your cover letter? Also, did they contact you via e-mail or phone?

If you attended one of the recruiting events, they waive the cover letter requirement. It may have still been optional, but I did not write one. E-mail all the way, FWIW.

soj

Postby soj » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:42 pm

soj wrote:
ANoisyTiefighter wrote:

Yer not gud enuf fer QE.

user was outed for anon abuse.

ANoisyTiefighter wrote:hi, obvious sarcasm is obvious, and sensitive mods are sensitive.

I knew you were being sarcastic. The outing had nothing to do with the sarcasm.
top of every page wrote:Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

I'm not really sure why you're bothering to post anon anyway, you have one post and no reputation.

I did enjoy the irony of someone who apparently can't read calling me out for misreading.

But thanks for being annoying. It brought your alting to my attention. I won't out your old account, but next time follow rules before you whine. Idiot.

onehellofaride

Postby onehellofaride » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:17 pm

soj wrote:
soj wrote:
ANoisyTiefighter wrote:

Yer not gud enuf fer QE.

user was outed for anon abuse.

ANoisyTiefighter wrote:hi, obvious sarcasm is obvious, and sensitive mods are sensitive.

I knew you were being sarcastic. The outing had nothing to do with the sarcasm.
top of every page wrote:Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

I'm not really sure why you're bothering to post anon anyway, you have one post and no reputation.

I did enjoy the irony of someone who apparently can't read calling me out for misreading.

But thanks for being annoying. It brought your alting to my attention. I won't out your old account, but next time follow rules before you whine. Idiot.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm at a DCNG QE doesn't actively recruit from. I sent my app last week. I'm in the top 10%. Anyone know if that's competitive since they don't come to our OCI?

nosuchthingastime

Postby nosuchthingastime » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 am

I emailed in my resume because Quinn is not doing OCI for my school this year. I had a callback interview and received an offer. Los Angeles office. Looks like a fantastic place to work. Aligns with my interests exactly.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am

nosuchthingastime wrote:I emailed in my resume because Quinn is not doing OCI for my school this year. I had a callback interview and received an offer. Los Angeles office. Looks like a fantastic place to work. Aligns with my interests exactly.

cool story bro

User was outed for anon abuse.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am

nosuchthingastime wrote:I emailed in my resume because Quinn is not doing OCI for my school this year. I had a callback interview and received an offer. Los Angeles office. Looks like a fantastic place to work. Aligns with my interests exactly.

What school do you go to/what grades do you have?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:37 am

Got a CB pretty much immediately after I applied. LA Office, HYS.

Looks like they're calling back a lot of people.

soj

Postby soj » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm

why can't people read?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:43 pm

I got a CB via mass mail. Heres my issue: I'm in the Midwest at a firm that I likely will not be returning to until the first week of August. Would it be too late to schedule my callback in August? Will I have a low chance at an offer?
Even though I likely won't work at my current firm next year, I'm wary of burning bridges by taking a day off for an interview in case I get no offered/want to lateral back/end up practicing in the secondary market.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a CB via mass mail. Heres my issue: I'm in the Midwest at a firm that I likely will not be returning to until the first week of August. Would it be too late to schedule my callback in August? Will I have a low chance at an offer?
Even though I likely won't work at my current firm next year, I'm wary of burning bridges by taking a day off for an interview in case I get no offered/want to lateral back/end up practicing in the secondary market.

maybe you can take a day off under other pretenses and offer to make that day up by working a weekend or something?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Anyone heard from DC yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from DC yet?

not for me, though im median at HYS so i might be outside of their range...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I also got a callback offer within a few hours of sending my stuff to the NY office (CCN, decent but not shockingly good grades).

I can't schedule my interview until mid-August, but I hope that doesn't kill my chances :/

FWIW, I think they might be holding off on making decisions on people who have good grades, but are otherwise very traditional?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Anyone who has done a callback in NY- did they ask for a writing sample while you were there?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 pm

What would you say is their baseline GPA and do they look at 3Ls at all....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who has done a callback in NY- did they ask for a writing sample while you were there?

They didn't ask for writing sample (or references) during my cb. The former might depend on what partners you get, but one of my interviewers gave me the strong impression they were going to meet to discuss hiring me as soon as I went to lunch.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 pm

sent materials to SF office a few weeks ago and heard nothing since, but just found out i wrote-on to LR. is it worth it to send an updated resume with this information as a hail-mary?

UVAIce

Postby UVAIce » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

At worst it does absolutely no damage. This is only going to make you look better. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they do a few rounds of callbacks.

Anonymous User

Just got Quinn Emanuel callback, have several questions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey, so I know there is another topic about Quinn Emanuel but my questions are a little different.

First, if there's anyone who's gone to a QE callback interview already, I'd really appreciate if I could ask you a few questions.

Did they pay for your flight? I'm quite a ways from the office I applied to and couldn't tell from the email whether that was included.

How soon after the callback did you get an offer/rejection? I'd love to have an offer in the bag early (assuming I even get one), but if they take a while to make a decision then I will just wait till the end of the summer to go out there.

Are your chances affected the longer you take to go to a callback? I would either head out there next week or early August, you think there's a difference?

Finally, what sort of questions did they ask you? I haven't had any firm interviews yet and am curious.

Thanks so much in advance, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous User

Re: Just got Quinn Emanuel callback, have several questions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:47 pm

What office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Ask them about paying for expenses. They will put you in contact with a travel agent, who will bill it directly to the firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 pm

They'll pay. I got the offer on the spot.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 pm

They pay. Offer came a few days later. I think it can vary based on when the hiring committee at the office you interview at happens to meet.

Return to “Legal Employment”