Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FWIW if you went to the networking reception, and you didn't get an email from a quinn atty (and aren't on LR) then you probably aren't getting a job.


Pretty sure it isn't that black and white. I didn't get an email from a quinn atty after the networking reception and still got a CB.

What do you mean by email? As in somehow emails you? I sent a few emails to some of attnys I met after the reception and they all replied and stuff...


I have no idea what the original dude means by "get an email from a quinn atty." I didn't send or receive any emails after the reception and still got a CB. My point is just that the dude is overstating how much contact with attorneys after the reception counts. People should not be deterred from applying to Quinn by his post.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FWIW if you went to the networking reception, and you didn't get an email from a quinn atty (and aren't on LR) then you probably aren't getting a job.


Pretty sure it isn't that black and white. I didn't get an email from a quinn atty after the networking reception and still got a CB.

What do you mean by email? As in somehow emails you? I sent a few emails to some of attnys I met after the reception and they all replied and stuff...


I have no idea what the original dude means by "get an email from a quinn atty." I didn't send or receive any emails after the reception and still got a CB. My point is just that the dude is overstating how much contact with attorneys after the reception counts. People should not be deterred from applying to Quinn by his post.


I am the CLS top 10% who posted weeks ago. I have a callback offer. There was silence for many weeks before they got into countact. I had no contact with anyone after the reception. I met a ton of people at the reception but I didn't drop off the name cards they printed for us, and I very much doubt anyone remembered me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 pm

when you say you got a "callback offer" do you mean you got a callback or you did your callback already and got a summer associate offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Ding from LA. T6, ~25%.

Applied in mid-June. Went to the networking reception and received pleasant e-mails.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding from LA. T6, ~25%.

Applied in mid-June. Went to the networking reception and received pleasant e-mails.


Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking...ding after a callback, or did they decline to offer a callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ding from LA. T6, ~25%.

Applied in mid-June. Went to the networking reception and received pleasant e-mails.


Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking...ding after a callback, or did they decline to offer a callback?


Np -they declined to offer a callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Late to the party here, but I got a callback invitation late last week. Law review at CCN (write-on, not grade-on), applied <2 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Any word from the SF office? Had my CB 1 month ago..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from the SF office? Had my CB 1 month ago..


So do we reckon that these long post-CB waits are silent dings, or holds?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from the SF office? Had my CB 1 month ago..


So do we reckon that these long post-CB waits are silent dings, or holds?

I know someone at my school that just got an offer after around 3 and a half weeks. Not SF, but apparently not all waiting is bad.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Interviewed at the end of June and heard back today with an offer with the NYC office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Is it just me or is Quinn being really picky when it comes to applicants this year?

Good grades and good school but haven't heard a THING. I'm above cutoffs at higher-ranked firms soooooooo Quinn can take their business casual dress code elsewhere.......

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed at the end of June and heard back today with an offer with the NYC office.


Congrats! Was this the first post-CB contact?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

For what it's worth, I applied over a month ago (in fact closing in on two now) to DC and still radio silence. Based on my grades, I'm a reach (not a big one but one nonetheless)...weird...woulda expected ding by now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:11 am

Not sure if this is helpful info to anyone, but I applied late last week and got a CB offer for NY early this week. Good-ish grades (hard to tell) at HYS.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed at the end of June and heard back today with an offer with the NYC office.


Congrats! Was this the first post-CB contact?


Yes. Got a phone call from the partner I interviewed with and a letter from the Recruiting Director later in the day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:22 pm

I've heard of 3 offers that have already been accepted in LA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For what it's worth, I applied over a month ago (in fact closing in on two now) to DC and still radio silence. Based on my grades, I'm a reach (not a big one but one nonetheless)...weird...woulda expected ding by now.

OP here

as I said, submitted way over a month ago and still radio silence. Is it worth it to give them a call or email and see what's up? I did submit to them an updated resume awhile back which served as also my "hey don't forget about me" but still no contact since other than the generic thanks for submitting updated resume email. Not sure if I should try again.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For what it's worth, I applied over a month ago (in fact closing in on two now) to DC and still radio silence. Based on my grades, I'm a reach (not a big one but one nonetheless)...weird...woulda expected ding by now.

OP here

as I said, submitted way over a month ago and still radio silence. Is it worth it to give them a call or email and see what's up? I did submit to them an updated resume awhile back which served as also my "hey don't forget about me" but still no contact since other than the generic thanks for submitting updated resume email. Not sure if I should try again.


I think an email re-expressing your interest in the firm couldn't hurt. From what I understand they've been doing callbacks and in some cases, extending offers on the spot (or after a few weeks) to students on a rolling basis from at least a month ago. There's somewhat of a disadvantage the later you get your callback interview because of the rolling nature of the offers so send the email sooner rather than later. Another option is to review the list of attorneys and look for alum or ask around in your network for personal connections to attorneys--an email from within QE on your behalf could be the difference btw getting a callback or a ding. Also, FWIW, other students have already been dinged so it's not all together hopeless considering you're still in the running. Good luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Has anyone been dinged AFTER a callback yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm

at least 2 people who had callbacks (LA office) were dinged

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Top ~5% at MVP, LR. Had a callback to DC and received an offer that day. I do know of someone from my school who had a callback and did not receive an offer the same day. I'm not certain how they are working out who gets an offer and who does, but I felt as if my interviews went really well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:at least 2 people who had callbacks (LA office) were dinged


When?

lameslice57
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby lameslice57 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Top ~5% at MVP, LR. Had a callback to DC and received an offer that day. I do know of someone from my school who had a callback and did not receive an offer the same day. I'm not certain how they are working out who gets an offer and who does, but I felt as if my interviews went really well.

On the spot or later in that day?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273175
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:at least 2 people who had callbacks (LA office) were dinged


When?


1-2 weeks ago; not sure on the timing post-CB but my impression was that if they really liked you then you got an offer on the spot (or the next day) and if they were lukewarm about you they would wait a while before extending an offer or ding, depending on how many people who received immediate offers were accepting on the spot, or waiting for OCI/other callbacks to take place. I guess a lot has to do with the rolling nature of their recruiting process and a bit of yield protection.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.