Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is what I've heard but don't get your hopes up. Don't assume that the offer is yours, assume that you have to get the offer yourself. Get your hopes up when you actually have an offer.

Great advice, thanks. And to answer the other question, I must have sent my materials in about three weeks ago.

Good to know they are still notifying people then.

Absolutely. It seems like such a great place to work. I have no delusions about what the work load is going to be like, but if I can get that with people who are passionate about trying cases (like me) in a laidback environment, can't really go wrong there.

Good luck, sir. That's the attitude I had when I chose Quinn last summer and that's the attitude I'm going in with when I start in the Fall.

<-- California QE associate-to-be. Good luck to everybody in here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Anyone heard anything recently from CA offices?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 am

Any Northwestern/Chicago students that went to the reception receive a callback yet? I go to Chicago and just got grades and am considering applying--but I'm worried that I'm too late and I should have just applied without grades...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Applied Friday to the CA offices. Top 1/3 at MVP. QE is my favorite firm so far.

Have they been calling in the mornings or afternoons? I'm trying to not look obsessively at my phone too frequently while I'm at work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Applied Friday to the CA offices. Top 1/3 at MVP. QE is my favorite firm so far.

Have they been calling in the mornings or afternoons? I'm trying to not look obsessively at my phone too frequently while I'm at work.

I got my CB by email

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Northwestern/Chicago students that went to the reception receive a callback yet? I go to Chicago and just got grades and am considering applying--but I'm worried that I'm too late and I should have just applied without grades...

Applied after grades came out. Received a CB. FWIW, top 10%.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Applied Friday to the CA offices. Top 1/3 at MVP. QE is my favorite firm so far.

I got my CB by email

mine came via phone call

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Northwestern/Chicago students that went to the reception receive a callback yet? I go to Chicago and just got grades and am considering applying--but I'm worried that I'm too late and I should have just applied without grades...

Are you a Chicago student?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 pm

My CB call came morning PT/early afternoon ET.

No offer/ding yet. It's now been sufficiently long that I'm assuming the ding is in the mail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Are you a Chicago student?

Yes

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm

I sent my stuff in today, hopefully it's not too late. I'm visiting with family in a different region right now, though. Will they fly you out for the first interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I sent my stuff in today, hopefully it's not too late. I'm visiting with family in a different region right now, though. Will they fly you out for the first interview?

Yes, and pay for a car service and swanky hotel room too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I sent my stuff in today, hopefully it's not too late. I'm visiting with family in a different region right now, though. Will they fly you out for the first interview?

Awesome, thanks. At that point, I assume the first interview is call-back style and not a mere screener?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Awesome, thanks. At that point, I assume the first interview is call-back style and not a mere screener?

Indeed. Usually 3Ps and ~3As (inc 2As at lunch); other than lunch, all 1-on-1, all about 20mins. Obvs, may vary from office to office. I'm the same anon who thinks a ding is in the mail, so I probably shouldn't be giving more advice than that. [Edit: my CB was at a CA office.]

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Indeed. Usually 3Ps and ~3As (inc 2As at lunch); other than lunch, all 1-on-1, all about 20mins. Obvs, may vary from office to office. I'm the same anon who thinks a ding is in the mail, so I probably shouldn't be giving more advice than that. [Edit: my CB was at a CA office.]

I appreciate the advice, regardless of whether or not you get an offer (but good luck, btw!). I sent my stuff to a CA office, too.

You seem to be under the impression that you've been dinged because you haven't received an offer yet, but did you feel that way during the interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 am

If I am just inside top 1/3 at UVA (3.44) is it worth it to even send my stuff in? Strong CA ties, but didnt send it in because I heard their LA office looked for 3.6+

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:If I am just inside top 1/3 at UVA (3.44) is it worth it to even send my stuff in? Strong CA ties, but didnt send it in because I heard their LA office looked for 3.6+

It doesn't take much effort to send in your stuff. Just do it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:07 am

rejection today. didn't get an interview. Top 15% at MVP. Oh well. Fuck em

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:14 am

Also rejection. E-mail. Top 30% CCN.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

what offices are these rejections coming from? Any word from DC? I heard some have heard back but info is quite limited for DC

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 pm

For those who received rejections today, were they both via e-mail? Also, how long ago did you send in your application? And to which office? I am fully expecting a rejection to be coming along, just wondering if it will be today :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:rejection today. didn't get an interview. Top 15% at MVP. Oh well. Fuck em

same stats same result. I just sent them a please keep me in mind for any future openings email with a typo in it. That showed em what a mistake they made.

onehellofaride

Postby onehellofaride » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:rejection today. didn't get an interview. Top 15% at MVP. Oh well. Fuck em

same stats same result. I just sent them a please keep me in mind for any future openings email with a typo in it. That showed em what a mistake they made.

brilliant

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Question about the CB process for the NY office:

Did any out of towners go through the travel arrangement process? Did you bring it up specifically with them, or did they bring it up with you?

Along those same lines, any insight as to where they put you up? Making plans to meet up with friends and I'm curious where exactly in the city I'll be.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 pm

a friend was put up in a hotel a few blocks from their offices in the flatiron district IIRC

Return to “Legal Employment”