Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emmanuel Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FWIW - I sent in application about three weeks ago and was told I would "hear back" by the end of next week. Sounds like snail mail ding? Has anybody been straight up denied yet?

At least you were told you would hear back. Application submitted June 7 and have heard nothing. FWIW Average grades at CCN.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FWIW - I sent in application about three weeks ago and was told I would "hear back" by the end of next week. Sounds like snail mail ding? Has anybody been straight up denied yet?

At least you were told you would hear back. Application submitted June 7 and have heard nothing. FWIW Average grades at CCN.
same but top 15% at MVP

onehellofaride

New

Post by onehellofaride » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm

What's MVP?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:40 am

Has anyone else out there received a callback for Quinn DC? I'm starting to strongly suspect that I've been dinged.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 am

onehellofaride wrote:What's MVP?
Michigan/Virginia/Penn

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

Any dings yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any dings yet?
strongly suspecting that I'm a ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Same.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same.
Bottom 1/3 at a T50 - not dinged yet

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice so far.

I'm MVP, top 30% and just found out I've got a callback at the L.A. office. What I'll be wearing aside, it sounds like the consensus is that they have a pretty strong offer rate for callbacks. Can anyone comment on this? It sounds like I have reason to get my hopes up, but I've always been hesitant to do so.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:it sounds like the consensus is that they have a pretty strong offer rate for callbacks. Can anyone comment on this? It sounds like I have reason to get my hopes up, but I've always been hesitant to do so.
This is what I've heard but don't get your hopes up. Don't assume that the offer is yours, assume that you have to get the offer yourself. Get your hopes up when you actually have an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice so far.

I'm MVP, top 30% and just found out I've got a callback at the L.A. office. What I'll be wearing aside, it sounds like the consensus is that they have a pretty strong offer rate for callbacks. Can anyone comment on this? It sounds like I have reason to get my hopes up, but I've always been hesitant to do so.
when did you apply?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:41 pm

bk187 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:it sounds like the consensus is that they have a pretty strong offer rate for callbacks. Can anyone comment on this? It sounds like I have reason to get my hopes up, but I've always been hesitant to do so.
This is what I've heard but don't get your hopes up. Don't assume that the offer is yours, assume that you have to get the offer yourself. Get your hopes up when you actually have an offer.
Great advice, thanks. And to answer the other question, I must have sent my materials in about three weeks ago.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Great advice, thanks. And to answer the other question, I must have sent my materials in about three weeks ago.
Good to know they are still notifying people then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Good to know they are still notifying people then.

Absolutely. It seems like such a great place to work. I have no delusions about what the work load is going to be like, but if I can get that with people who are passionate about trying cases (like me) in a laidback environment, can't really go wrong there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Absolutely. It seems like such a great place to work. I have no delusions about what the work load is going to be like, but if I can get that with people who are passionate about trying cases (like me) in a laidback environment, can't really go wrong there.
that's precious...best of luck to you...but don't let the flip flops convince you that quinn is a "laid back" firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Absolutely. It seems like such a great place to work. I have no delusions about what the work load is going to be like, but if I can get that with people who are passionate about trying cases (like me) in a laidback environment, can't really go wrong there.
that's precious...best of luck to you...but don't let the flip flops convince you that quinn is a "laid back" firm.
Haha I won't. I just figure if I'm going to be cranking out long hours and working harder than I ever have, I might as well be wearing jeans while doing it. Didn't mean to imply I was equating flip flops with an easy workload.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm

bk187 wrote:
They're probably selecting candidates to interview by strength of application.
If they're only interviewing the best candidates, it makes sense they've got a high offer rate

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They're probably selecting candidates to interview by strength of application.
How else would you select someone for a callback when you only have their resume/coverletter to go off of?
Anonymous User wrote:If they're only interviewing the best candidates, it makes sense they've got a high offer rate
Or they really don't give a crap about personality.

igelchen

New

Post by igelchen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Quinn DC sending callbacks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice so far.

when did you apply?
Had an LA callback, radio silence since. Haven't entirely given up hope yet, but not optimistic.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:05 am

brotherdarkness wrote:Okay so I'm clearly way late to this thread and I'm wondering what the deal is with bidding Quinn at OCI. If you guys have all already interviewed and are waiting on callbacks, is there any point in bidding them at OCI? Are they filling up some spots now and saving the rest for later?
Can you even bid on them at OCI? My understanding was that they moved their timeline up and were no longer participating in OCI.

nleefer

New

Post by nleefer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:Okay so I'm clearly way late to this thread and I'm wondering what the deal is with bidding Quinn at OCI. If you guys have all already interviewed and are waiting on callbacks, is there any point in bidding them at OCI? Are they filling up some spots now and saving the rest for later?
Can you even bid on them at OCI? My understanding was that they moved their timeline up and were no longer participating in OCI.
I think a few offices are doing OCI at a few schools.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”