Jones Day Grades??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Jones Day Grades??

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 am

does anyone have any info on how grade selective jones day is...in particular the texas offices

Im way bottom of the class at at t-30 but strong tx ties and pretty decent corporate law we

somehow managed to snag a screener for them at a job fair

Benjamin1987

Re: Jones Day Grades??

Postby Benjamin1987 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have any info on how grade selective jones day is...in particular the texas offices

Im way bottom of the class at at t-30 but strong tx ties and pretty decent corporate law we

I understand your anxiety. However, you can't change your grades now. Apply and see what happens. If you really feel like know would benefit you in some way than contact your OCS.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have any info on how grade selective jones day is...in particular the texas offices

Way bottom of the class at a T-30 is probably out of the running for any biglaw job anywhere.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 am

Benjamin1987 wrote:

I understand your anxiety. However, you can't change your grades now. Apply and see what happens. If you really feel like know would benefit you in some way than contact your OCS.

This. You got a screener so they saw something about you that they like. Work on interviewing and coming up with some sort of explanation because the grades will come up in the interview. Also contact some alumni at the office and start networking so you can have someone to vouch for you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 am

Protip: there are lots of things about JD that they think makes them stand out. A little time on vault/chambers/etc. should make it clear to you what these things are. If those things are appealing to you, you should go out of your way to say so at your screener. JD is a firm that genuinely does care about its culture and will hire people for fit even if the grades aren't ideal.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Benjamin1987 wrote:

This. You got a screener so they saw something about you that they like. Work on interviewing and coming up with some sort of explanation because the grades will come up in the interview. Also contact some alumni at the office and start networking so you can have someone to vouch for you.

I agree with this (I'm in the NY office) but bottom 1/3 is going to be tough.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Benjamin1987 wrote:

I agree with this (I'm in the NY office) but bottom 1/3 is going to be tough.

thanks for the advice everyone -- yeah i know its gonna super tough and trust me my expecations are not high at all at this point i just every opportunity to get in front an employer a good thing

defintely going to try and network im taking the week before the job fair to go back to texas and try and set up some lunches/coffee with alumni

Return to “Legal Employment”