NYU EIW Madness 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All these Akin dings are emails?


yes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Cooley ding via e-mail last night (JA).
Mofo ding via e-mail a few minutes ago (BF).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm

radio silence from KE BS and WGM KS. Anyone get rejections from either firm; is there some sliver of hope?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm

is anyone contacting firms they are still waiting on answers from?

One of the firms I'm really interested in has issued both dings and CBs from my interviewer, but I haven't heard anything. If I call to check on my status, do I look annoying/desperate, or interested/assertive?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:radio silence from KE BS and WGM KS. Anyone get rejections from either firm; is there some sliver of hope?


I haven't heard from KE BS. I'm not really hoping for much at this point. I've been slowly getting dinged by all the firms I held out hope for.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Has anyone heard from Herbert Smith at all?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Nothing at all from Herbert Smith.

Very scared of striking out; my screener-> callback conversion rate is pretty low...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Nothing at all from Herbert Smith.

Very scared of striking out; my screener-> callback conversion rate is pretty low...


keep your hopes up! You still haven't heard back from everyone, and you're a smart person from NYU. Things will work out :) (but yes... EIW stress is also making me a nutcase. cannot wait to have an offer in hand and be able to stop checking my email every 3 minutes)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 pm

The thing that really gets me about all of the dings (now at 75%!):

Now I associate all of my lovely EIW firm swag with people who rejected me. Before EIW, I could just take that highlighter and think "Great! One fewer highlighter I'll have to buy." Will I ever annotate with the naïveté of 1L without traumatic flashback induced by my Skadden/Greenberg/Bracewell/Steptoe pen? How much Paxil is required to use the O'Melveny post-its without ruining my day? Now, every time it rains and I see that K&E or S&C umbrella, instead of the warm fuzzy of FreeStuff(!) I'll think back non-fondly on the ways that their interviewers fell asleep during my screener, or worked so diligently not to laugh upon seeing my transcript (NB: You can't play off a laugh with a cough Ms. "I-Have-a-Summer-Cold"). Will my screen never be cleaned because I can't bear the sight of that horribly handy AkinGump screencleaner (it sticks to the back of your phone!)?

Or will I -- once again -- find myself haunting the aisles of Staples and Office Depot trying to find swag of my very own...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all. Spoke to a recruiter at PW tonight. Apparently the hiring team meets on Thursday and Monday evenings. That means that if you interviewed this afternoon or earlier that you'll probably hear tonight or tomorrow and if you interviewed tonight (are are interviewing tomorrow or Monday morning) then you'll probably hear Monday night or Tuesday.



So.... any movement this evening on the early Paul Weiss interviews?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 pm

I haven't gotten any answers from PW, interviewed early this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Herbert Smith at all?


Callback from Herbert Smith London

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Herbert Smith at all?


Callback from Herbert Smith London


When did you hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Herbert Smith at all?


Callback from Herbert Smith London


When did you hear?


Monday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The thing that really gets me about all of the dings (now at 75%!):

Now I associate all of my lovely EIW firm swag with people who rejected me. Before EIW, I could just take that highlighter and think "Great! One fewer highlighter I'll have to buy." Will I ever annotate with the naïveté of 1L without traumatic flashback induced by my Skadden/Greenberg/Bracewell/Steptoe pen? How much Paxil is required to use the O'Melveny post-its without ruining my day? Now, every time it rains and I see that K&E or S&C umbrella, instead of the warm fuzzy of FreeStuff(!) I'll think back non-fondly on the ways that their interviewers fell asleep during my screener, or worked so diligently not to laugh upon seeing my transcript (NB: You can't play off a laugh with a cough Ms. "I-Have-a-Summer-Cold"). Will my screen never be cleaned because I can't bear the sight of that horribly handy AkinGump screencleaner (it sticks to the back of your phone!)?

Or will I -- once again -- find myself haunting the aisles of Staples and Office Depot trying to find swag of my very own...


when all this is over, I want to find you and be friends with you (and if you're a guy, you're probably funny enough that I'll want to have sex with you too. seriously, is anyone else masturbating 10x as much? it's my way of dealing with the stress. only slightly kidding).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!


Holy crap, are we the same person? I haven't heard anything from these firms either, but it seems like everyone else has already gotten callbacks :(

From reading other threads, I think Kramer and Chadbourne do email dings. And I think Latham does snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!


Holy crap, are we the same person? I haven't heard anything from these firms either, but it seems like everyone else has already gotten callbacks :(

From reading other threads, I think Kramer and Chadbourne do email dings.


I've been checking other threads to try to figure that out too! That's why I'm confused though. I know callbacks have gone out for Kramer and Chadbourne and I've heard of one for Greenberg but I've gotten no email ding. I've heard of callbacks for the other firms but not for the non-NY offices I interviewed for (I don't think) and no ding. So basically I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. Fun!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!


Holy crap, are we the same person? I haven't heard anything from these firms either, but it seems like everyone else has already gotten callbacks :(

From reading other threads, I think Kramer and Chadbourne do email dings. And I think Latham does snail mail.


I think Latham does email dings, based on the 3L OCI thread.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!


Holy crap, are we the same person? I haven't heard anything from these firms either, but it seems like everyone else has already gotten callbacks :(

From reading other threads, I think Kramer and Chadbourne do email dings.


I've been checking other threads to try to figure that out too! That's why I'm confused though. I know callbacks have gone out for Kramer and Chadbourne and I've heard of one for Greenberg but I've gotten no email ding. I've heard of callbacks for the other firms but not for the non-NY offices I interviewed for (I don't think) and no ding. So basically I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. Fun!


Interesting. I haven't gotten email dings from any of the firms you've listed either, and I also interviewed with Latham for a non-NY office. I think it's harder to tell with non-NY because there aren't as many people on here to report callbacks. Hopefully we're both stuck on a de facto wait list and when some of our more brilliant classmates turn down callbacks, we'll see some action.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Random question but I really need to know... Dechert, Latham, Greenberg, Kramer and Chadbourne does anyone know if these firms send out snail mail or email dings or if silence is itself a ding? Thanks!


Holy crap, are we the same person? I haven't heard anything from these firms either, but it seems like everyone else has already gotten callbacks :(

From reading other threads, I think Kramer and Chadbourne do email dings.


I've been checking other threads to try to figure that out too! That's why I'm confused though. I know callbacks have gone out for Kramer and Chadbourne and I've heard of one for Greenberg but I've gotten no email ding. I've heard of callbacks for the other firms but not for the non-NY offices I interviewed for (I don't think) and no ding. So basically I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. Fun!


Interesting. I haven't gotten email dings from any of the firms you've listed either, and I also interviewed with Latham for a non-NY office. I think it's harder to tell with non-NY because there aren't as many people on here to report callbacks. Hopefully we're both stuck on a de facto wait list and when some of our more brilliant classmates turn down callbacks, we'll see some action.


Hopefully trying for that optimism thing right about now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Mofo NY ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 am

DPW ding after I had CB on Tuesday morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 am

I hate waking up to no movement on here. Hope I'm not the only crazy one who wishes things happened overnight.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273579
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:I hate waking up to no movement on here. Hope I'm not the only crazy one who wishes things happened overnight.


+1.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.