NYU EIW Madness 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also gather DPW is done with CBs? Anyone have insight?


I haven't heard back, but I also didn't really expect to after how my interview went. It seems that last year people were dinged by e-mail within a week, so we should know by around Thursday at least?

rumor has it they do a couple rounds of calling back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on Gibson RB and WR?


Not expecting a CB, but I haven't heard from them.

My grades are good and I thought the interview went really well but I haven't heard back either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on Gibson RB and WR?


Not expecting a CB, but I haven't heard from them.

My grades are good and I thought the interview went really well but I haven't heard back either.


Same here- maybe they just haven't gotten around to cbs? Or that could just be wishful thinking...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone get a cb from STB (LT)?


I had LT as well. I know one more who had LT. Nothing so far. Have faith!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone get a cb from STB (LT)?


I had LT as well. I know one more who had LT. Nothing so far. Have faith!


Same here w.r.t. LT

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone get a cb from STB (LT)?


I had LT as well. I know one more who had LT. Nothing so far. Have faith!


Same here w.r.t. LT

I have silence from JK, anyone hear from him?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:31 pm

I hate to ask this question, but would anyone mind posting where they have heard rejections from? Other than OMM I'm in the dark about a bunch of places that I know other people have heard back from, so I'm wondering if no rejections have been sent out or if I'm in the group they're waiting to offer a second round of callbacks to.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hate to ask this question, but would anyone mind posting where they have heard rejections from? Other than OMM I'm in the dark about a bunch of places that I know other people have heard back from, so I'm wondering if no rejections have been sent out or if I'm in the group they're waiting to offer a second round of callbacks to.


I got a Milbank rejection email, but that's about it so far... A lot of places have just been silent.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hate to ask this question, but would anyone mind posting where they have heard rejections from? Other than OMM I'm in the dark about a bunch of places that I know other people have heard back from, so I'm wondering if no rejections have been sent out or if I'm in the group they're waiting to offer a second round of callbacks to.


I am only interviewing in NY.... only rejection so far is from Cravath.

Have NOT heard from:
DPW, Cleary, K&E, Proskauer, Shearman & Sterling, Gibson, Paul Hastings, Sheppard Mullin, S&C, Skadden, Jones Day, Weil, Fried Frank, Paul Weiss, Akin Gump, MWE, Latham, STB

CBs from SRZ, Stroock, Willkie, Milbank, Debevoise, Katten, Cadwalader, Greenberg Traurig

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone get a cb from STB (LT)?


I had LT as well. I know one more who had LT. Nothing so far. Have faith!


Same here w.r.t. LT

I have silence from JK, anyone hear from him?


I haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on Gibson RB and WR?


Not expecting a CB, but I haven't heard from them.

My grades are good and I thought the interview went really well but I haven't heard back either.


Same here- maybe they just haven't gotten around to cbs? Or that could just be wishful thinking...


I interviewed with the other Gibson pair on Friday, and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm just assuming that many Friday interviewers are probably going to wait until Monday. (aka this was the longest weekend ever)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 pm

i got rejections from cravath, OMM, Hughes Hubbard

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 pm

rejections from Chadbourne and Hughes Hubbard. A friend was rejected from Stroock and Clifford Chance

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Rejections from Chadbourne and OMM

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby indigomachine » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm

.
Last edited by indigomachine on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Rejections from Cravath, Arnold & Porter, Cravath, and Hughes Hubbard (snail mail).

Milbank hasn't sent me anything yet, which I guess means that there might still be hope?

-Listerine (might be useful for future use)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 pm

CBs: Latham, Milbank, Willkie

Rejections: Cravath, OMM, A&P (all email)

Silence: 19 others...

(all NYC)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CBs: Latham, Milbank, Willkie

Rejections: Cravath, OMM, A&P (all email)

Silence: 19 others...

(all NYC)


Who was the latham interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CBs: Latham, Milbank, Willkie

Rejections: Cravath, OMM, A&P (all email)

Silence: 19 others...

(all NYC)


Who was the latham interviewer?

and Willkie

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 pm

got latham cb from interviewer DA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Willkie CB from RN

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Willkie CB from RN

was this today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Willkie CB from RN

was this today?


I don't want to be a downer, but I've heard that 3 different Willkie interviewers gave CBs on Wednesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Willkie CB from RN

was this today?


I don't want to be a downer, but I've heard that 3 different Willkie interviewers gave CBs on Wednesday.

no it's cool, but I would like to know whether RN was among them, because he told me he was gonna be a bit slow and I've also heard who the others are. I haven't heard of any RN callbacks until now.

you're not the OP of this chain, are you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273158
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Willkie CB from RN

was this today?


I don't want to be a downer, but I've heard that 3 different Willkie interviewers gave CBs on Wednesday.

no it's cool, but I would like to know whether RN was among them, because he told me he was gonna be a bit slow and I've also heard who the others are. I haven't heard of any RN callbacks until now.

you're not the OP of this chain, are you?


I am not and I'm not sure who the interviewers were other than my own - not RN.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.