NYU EIW Madness 2013 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Anybody hear from Allen and Overy?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm

If it's been over a week since my Willkie cb, I'm probably not going to get good news, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear from Allen and Overy?
Friend got an offer about a week after their CB, if I recall correctly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If it's been over a week since my Willkie cb, I'm probably not going to get good news, right?
not likely given their track record
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear from Allen and Overy?
Friend got an offer about a week after their CB, if I recall correctly.
friend got an offer recently, not sure when his/her cb was tho

Any news on the Cadwalader front? Anyone considering withdrawal would be my favorite person in the world if they pick another firm!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm withdrawing from Cadwalader on Thursday. Got the offer Friday, so feel like I need to give it a few days out of respect.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm withdrawing from Cadwalader on Thursday. Got the offer Friday, so feel like I need to give it a few days out of respect.
This is ridiculous. Just call them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm

This is sweet. You seem like you have something nice to add.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Kramer Levin ding via email. CB was a week ago.

Side note- OCS has been calling people with multiple offers to release a few. There are a *bunch* of people who still don't have anything. Please do us all a favor if you have a bunch and narrow it down to your two top choices. The rest of us will thank you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:45 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm withdrawing from Cadwalader on Thursday. Got the offer Friday, so feel like I need to give it a few days out of respect.
This is ridiculous. Just call them.
Anonymous User wrote:Side note- OCS has been calling people with multiple offers to release a few. There are a *bunch* of people who still don't have anything. Please do us all a favor if you have a bunch and narrow it down to your two top choices. The rest of us will thank you.
This. Please. I got an "are you still interested" call from them so I'm ostensibly on some sort of waitlist while they wait on people like you. As soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kramer Levin ding via email. CB was a week ago.

Side note- OCS has been calling people with multiple offers to release a few. There are a *bunch* of people who still don't have anything. Please do us all a favor if you have a bunch and narrow it down to your two top choices. The rest of us will thank you.
More than a bunch. I know lots. I'm one of them. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:18 pm

OP of this convo - I really think the most respectful thing from their point of view would be to allow them to solidify the class ASAP. when there are people like me and the other person who recently posted still waiting, who would very likely take the offer if given, they'd much prefer it all happening now rather than a couple days down the road.

ETA: I don't want to try to tell you what to do b/c EIW is one of the few things people should be somewhat selfish with. I just don't think you have any value-add, and there may be some for others if you withdraw (assuming CWT cares about hitting x number of NYU students).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Hogan Lovells recently?
Ding after CB last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:If it's been over a week since my Willkie cb, I'm probably not going to get good news, right?
I have a friend at NYU who got Willkie after nearly 2 weeks post-CB.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Ding after CB last week.
Email or snail mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Ding after CB last week.
Email or snail mail?
Deadly snail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Ding after CB last week.
Email or snail mail?
Deadly snail.
Sorry to hear it :(
Mine's probably gonna show up tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Got an email from Kaye Scholer today saying I'm still under consideration and they'll let me know soon. Anyone know what this means? (Probably just that I'm on hold, right?) Anyone else get this from Kaye Scholer or elsewhere?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:33 pm

How are people handling the Kasowitz situation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an email from Kaye Scholer today saying I'm still under consideration and they'll let me know soon. Anyone know what this means? (Probably just that I'm on hold, right?) Anyone else get this from Kaye Scholer or elsewhere?
Got an email like that from a different firm. Contacted OCS, they said it means that they firm has extended a number of offers and is waiting for people to accept/decline before sending out the next round. So, people, please drop offers you aren't seriously considering!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an email from Kaye Scholer today saying I'm still under consideration and they'll let me know soon. Anyone know what this means? (Probably just that I'm on hold, right?) Anyone else get this from Kaye Scholer or elsewhere?
Got an email like that from a different firm. Contacted OCS, they said it means that they firm has extended a number of offers and is waiting for people to accept/decline before sending out the next round. So, people, please drop offers you aren't seriously considering!
Mind if I ask what firm? (not OP)

Still waiting on K&L and Hughes Hubbard... Interviews were a while ago though...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Willkie ding via snail mail today (CB 4 weeks ago)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
did they indicate whether that meant that you were their next choice or that everyone got the same thing?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
did they indicate whether that meant that you were their next choice or that everyone got the same thing?
I'm unsure. I know someone who had their callback with the firm (hogan lovells, btw) the same week that I did and received a rejection. I'm assuming (hoping) that they're not just sending that email to everyone and that I'm being seriously considered.

ETA: Also realized I made a mistake above. OCS said it *probably* means that they have extended a certain # of offers and that they're waiting on people to drop them before proceeding with extending more offers. Obviously they can't be 100% sure what's going on internally with a firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Hey, not NYU but t14 got the same thing via phone call today. Pretty great to see the phone number, hear who's calling, and then find out it's not an offer. That was the wildest fucking two minute emotional roller coaster I've been on in a minute

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Hey, not NYU but t14 got the same thing via phone call today. Pretty great to see the phone number, hear who's calling, and then find out it's not an offer. That was the wildest fucking two minute emotional roller coaster I've been on in a minute
That's so brutal.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”