NYU EIW Madness 2013 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2013

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm probably the only one neurotic (and bored) enough to have a spreadsheet, right?

(image)
You can't possibly actually think you're the only one with a spreadsheet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Any Kirkland JM and KL responses?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 pm

any movement on wilmerhale ny? I read an email rejection many pages back, but nothing since.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Kirkland JM and KL responses?
I think we had the same interviewers. Was not sure if I should call him JD or JM. But anyway no response.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Had a CB today. Met with 4 lawyers + 1 recruiting person. Just sent thank-you e-mails to the 4 lawyers. But I can't find the e-mail of the recruiting person anywhere online (and I did not get a business card). Should I just send my thank you to the general recruiting email address?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYUJamesBond

New

Post by NYUJamesBond » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Anyone heard from Proskauer interviewer CF? I know other interviewers have called but heard nothing from her

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 pm

are we supposed to send thank you letters?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 pm

IMO: No one cares. I got an offer w/o sending a single thank you note.

Numerous threads have discussed the idea in depth, but ultimately I'd say go with your gut. My gut told me that no one gives a fuck.

But if the question is: is it polite? I would have to say that it does seem like the polite thing to do.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:12 am

Interviewed with Kirkland JDM and KL. Got cb invite the next day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 am

A little birdie told me that several Kirkland offers were made earlier today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:A little birdie told me that several Kirkland offers were made earlier today.
From tonight's cb round or a previous one?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Any idea which firms in NY still haven't made decisions/extended callbacks. I'm waiting on a couple where I haven't heard of people getting callbacks or rejections yet. I don't know if that really means they haven't sent out CBs yet or people just aren't posting/speaking about them...
Of 23 interviews, I've only gotten 2 dings (Cooley NY and Schulte NY) and one CB, so I wouldn't get too concerned. Still yet to hear from Desmarais, Caplin NE/ZZ, Bingham JC, Akin Gump DS, Cadwalader JL, or Paul Weiss LW in New York, and deafening silence from all my secondary market interviews.
Just to give some perspective, I also had 23- 3 rejections, 15 CBs and silence from the other 5. Not that this means anything, but just wanted to make sure we all had both sides of the situation.

Edit: for more perspective. Median-ish GPA. No impressive work experience. Just outgoing
So are you saying that the rest of us should be more concerned? I would kill for some of your aura now btw. solidly above median grades, with work experience, targeted only NY, with 4 cb's, 3 rejections (and 4 of my other interviewers I know called back other people). are you male or female if you don't mind me asking?
Dingbat here...To complete this picture, I had 22 interviews - 7 rejections, 0 CBs, and radio silence from the remaining 15 doesn't make me feel any better. I would kill for what either of you have (but please, not really, it's just a figure of speech).
Although I have work experience that's impressive (through law school goggles), my grades are below average. Watching my life-long dreams slip away because I'm pretty much at the bottom the class at the law school of my dreams really sucks. I hate this. Looks like following my dreams was a big mistake. I refuse to sing another song until I actually get an offer.

And because someone asked: CC UK rejection was ML, CC NY rejection was MM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 am

Anonymous User wrote: Dingbat here...To complete this picture, I had 22 interviews - 7 rejections, 0 CBs, and radio silence from the remaining 15 doesn't make me feel any better. I would kill for what either of you have (but please, not really, it's just a figure of speech).
Although I have work experience that's impressive (through law school goggles), my grades are below average. Watching my life-long dreams slip away because I'm pretty much at the bottom the class at the law school of my dreams really sucks. I hate this. Looks like following my dreams was a big mistake. I refuse to sing another song until I actually get an offer.

Not that this makes things better, but I know several other people with 0 at this point. I think things are moving slowly this year (and reading threads from other schools seems to confirm this suspicion). Hang in there. Second round CBs will start coming in soon now that people are getting offers and dropping CBs (a friend got one of those Kirkland offers and is dropping like 10 CBs, including from places that aren't GPA selective).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Dingbat here...To complete this picture, I had 22 interviews - 7 rejections, 0 CBs, and radio silence from the remaining 15 doesn't make me feel any better. I would kill for what either of you have (but please, not really, it's just a figure of speech).

Not that this makes things better, but I know several other people with 0 at this point. I think things are moving slowly this year (and reading threads from other schools seems to confirm this suspicion). Hang in there. Second round CBs will start coming in soon now that people are getting offers and dropping CBs (a friend got one of those Kirkland offers and is dropping like 10 CBs, including from places that aren't GPA selective).
Don't give up hope man. I had only rejections last week and zero callbacks but things are getting better this week. Firms are definitely moving slower for some reason this year. Anyone have any idea why?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Don't give up hope man. I had only rejections last week and zero callbacks but things are getting better this week. Firms are definitely moving slower for some reason this year. Anyone have any idea why?
slower, or are they just giving less CB's bc want smaller classes, and with that means making sure they fill thier small target goal, so they dont reject ppl till later?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Holy expletives, I love you guys. Thanks! I know this post isn't adding any helpful information, but knowing I'm not alone and that my classmates are nice even on TLS makes me feel just that much better about being Dingbat :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 am

Also those of you still waiting for callbacks should contact OCS if you haven't already. I hear they have some ability to pull strings for you, especially if you're on hold with a firm that would be a clear first choice for you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A little birdie told me that several Kirkland offers were made earlier today.
From tonight's cb round or a previous one?
Can someone give me some deets on this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am

anyone hear from Gibson Dunn either way recently? (and interviewers?) I figure my snail mail rejection is in the mail, but just wanted to make sure.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 am

CB from Gunderson, Willkie, Troutman Sanders, Mayer Brown, Fitzpatrick. all ny. also would like hogwarts themed deliveries. also potentially chocolate frogs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:CB from Gunderson, Willkie, Troutman Sanders, Mayer Brown, Fitzpatrick. all ny. also would like hogwarts themed deliveries. also potentially chocolate frogs.
Was Willkie CB today? I got mine last Thursday but this might show that firms have some kind of waiting list as people with other offers cancel scheduled callbacks

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:CB from Gunderson, Willkie, Troutman Sanders, Mayer Brown, Fitzpatrick. all ny. also would like hogwarts themed deliveries. also potentially chocolate frogs.
Who was your Mayer Brown interviewer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:54 am

paul weiss ding email, LW. poop.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 am

When did you get the Troutman Sanders CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

slower, or are they just giving less CB's bc want smaller classes, and with that means making sure they fill thier small target goal, so they dont reject ppl till later?
Someone said something to me about NALP guildelines changing two years in a row w/r/t timing of callbacks and offers. This may have an effect on how and when firms are reaching out.

As far as smaller classes, things have been in so much flux this year economically that places are probably very cagey about yields. I am sure they would rather take too small a class and do some 3L hiring than end up with a bumper crop and have to think about layoffs. It's hard, but ultimately probably better for all of us in the long run.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”