3.51 Cornell Bid List

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Hey everyone. I'm a K-JD with a 3.51 at Cornell after the first year. No journal information yet, and I have varied work experience, though none of it is full time. Bidding counseling is tomorrow, and I was hoping to get some TLS advice so I don't go in looking like a complete idiot. My basic priorities list was 1. Interview Slots (the number accompanying the firm name) 2. Salary/Location 3. Vault Ranking. Thanks for any help. All NYC unless otherwise stated.

Day 1:
1. Sidley Austin – 20
2. Willkie Farr – 40
3. Morrison & Foerster – 40
4. Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto) – 40
5. Seward – 20
6. Stroock – 20
7. Shearman – 60
8. Foley & Lardner – 20
9. Schulte – 60
10. Latham – 38
11. Bryan Cave – 20
12. Paul Hastings – 20
13. Cadwalader – 80
14. Proskauer (NJ) – 20
15. Fried Frank – 40
16. Hughes
17. Carter - 40
18. Bressler – 20
Day 2:
1. Jones Day (SF) – 20
2. Akin Gump – 20
3. Goodwin Procter – 20
4. White & Case – 60
5. Cooley – 26
6. Alston & Bird – 20
7. Hogan Lovells – 40
8. Clifford Chance – 80
9. Weil – 40
10. Crowell & Moring – 20
11. Cahill – 60
12. Dechert (NYC) – 80
13. Holland & Knight – 20
14. Morgan, Lewis – 20
15. Reed Smith - 20
16. Richards, Layton – 20
17. Fox Rothschild – 20

Day 3:
1. Linklaters – 40
2. Allen & Overy – 20
3. Kaye Scholer – 20
4. Winston – 40
5. Pillsbury - 20
6. Freshfields – 60
7. Perkins Coie – 20
8. King & Spalding - 20
9. Chadbourne – 20
10. Milbank - 20
11. Bracewell Giuliani – 20
12. Young, Conaway (DE) - 20
13. Blank Rome – 20
14. Sutherland - 20
15. Brown Rudnick – 20
16. Herrick – 20
17. Finn Dixon (CT) – 20
18. Epstein Becker - 20

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone. I'm a K-JD with a 3.51 at Cornell after the first year. No journal information yet, and I have varied work experience, though none of it is full time. Bidding counseling is tomorrow, and I was hoping to get some TLS advice so I don't go in looking like a complete idiot. My basic priorities list was 1. Interview Slots (the number accompanying the firm name) 2. Salary/Location 3. Vault Ranking. Thanks for any help. All NYC unless otherwise stated.

Day 1:
1. Sidley Austin – 20
2. Willkie Farr – 40
3. Morrison & Foerster – 40
4. Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto) – 40
5. Seward – 20
6. Stroock – 20
7. Shearman – 60
8. Foley & Lardner – 20
9. Schulte – 60
10. Latham – 38
11. Bryan Cave – 20
12. Paul Hastings – 20
13. Cadwalader – 80
14. Proskauer (NJ) – 20
15. Fried Frank – 40
16. Hughes
17. Carter - 40
18. Bressler – 20
Day 2:
1. Jones Day (SF) – 20
2. Akin Gump – 20
3. Goodwin Procter – 20
4. White & Case – 60
5. Cooley – 26
6. Alston & Bird – 20
7. Hogan Lovells – 40
8. Clifford Chance – 80
9. Weil – 40
10. Crowell & Moring – 20
11. Cahill – 60
12. Dechert (NYC) – 80
13. Holland & Knight – 20
14. Morgan, Lewis – 20
15. Reed Smith - 20
16. Richards, Layton – 20
17. Fox Rothschild – 20

Day 3:
1. Linklaters – 40
2. Allen & Overy – 20
3. Kaye Scholer – 20
4. Winston – 40
5. Pillsbury - 20
6. Freshfields – 60
7. Perkins Coie – 20
8. King & Spalding - 20
9. Chadbourne – 20
10. Milbank - 20
11. Bracewell Giuliani – 20
12. Young, Conaway (DE) - 20
13. Blank Rome – 20
14. Sutherland - 20
15. Brown Rudnick – 20
16. Herrick – 20
17. Finn Dixon (CT) – 20
18. Epstein Becker - 20



Looks pretty good to me I actually had Jones day other market at number 1 so I'm guessing that is going to be popular. I might throw DPW in Day 1 if your interested as a far reach. I've heard that they care about grades, but will dip lower if someone wows them in the interview. Don't know how you feel about your interview skills. Looks like you have a decent mix of reaches and safeties to me.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Looks pretty good to me I actually had Jones day other market at number 1 so I'm guessing that is going to be popular. I might throw DPW in Day 1 if your interested as a far reach. I've heard that they care about grades, but will dip lower if someone wows them in the interview. Don't know how you feel about your interview skills. Looks like you have a decent mix of reaches and safeties to me.


No, DPW is a waste of his time and a waste of a DPW slot.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Looks pretty good to me I actually had Jones day other market at number 1 so I'm guessing that is going to be popular. I might throw DPW in Day 1 if your interested as a far reach. I've heard that they care about grades, but will dip lower if someone wows them in the interview. Don't know how you feel about your interview skills. Looks like you have a decent mix of reaches and safeties to me.


No, DPW is a waste of his time and a waste of a DPW slot.


I agree, I wasn't planning on putting DPW in the list. But what about the rest?

User avatar
stuckinthemiddle
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Re: 3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone. I'm a K-JD with a 3.51 at Cornell after the first year. No journal information yet, and I have varied work experience, though none of it is full time. Bidding counseling is tomorrow, and I was hoping to get some TLS advice so I don't go in looking like a complete idiot. My basic priorities list was 1. Interview Slots (the number accompanying the firm name) 2. Salary/Location 3. Vault Ranking. Thanks for any help. All NYC unless otherwise stated.

Day 1:
1. Sidley Austin – 20
2. Willkie Farr – 40
3. Morrison & Foerster – 40
4. Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto) – 40
5. Seward – 20
6. Stroock – 20
7. Shearman – 60
8. Foley & Lardner – 20
9. Schulte – 60
10. Latham – 38
11. Bryan Cave – 20
12. Paul Hastings – 20
13. Cadwalader – 80
14. Proskauer (NJ) – 20
15. Fried Frank – 40
16. Hughes
17. Carter - 40
18. Bressler – 20
Day 2:
1. Jones Day (SF) – 20
2. Akin Gump – 20
3. Goodwin Procter – 20
4. White & Case – 60
5. Cooley – 26
6. Alston & Bird – 20
7. Hogan Lovells – 40
8. Clifford Chance – 80
9. Weil – 40
10. Crowell & Moring – 20
11. Cahill – 60
12. Dechert (NYC) – 80
13. Holland & Knight – 20
14. Morgan, Lewis – 20
15. Reed Smith - 20
16. Richards, Layton – 20
17. Fox Rothschild – 20

Day 3:
1. Linklaters – 40
2. Allen & Overy – 20
3. Kaye Scholer – 20
4. Winston – 40
5. Pillsbury - 20
6. Freshfields – 60
7. Perkins Coie – 20
8. King & Spalding - 20
9. Chadbourne – 20
10. Milbank - 20
11. Bracewell Giuliani – 20
12. Young, Conaway (DE) - 20
13. Blank Rome – 20
14. Sutherland - 20
15. Brown Rudnick – 20
16. Herrick – 20
17. Finn Dixon (CT) – 20
18. Epstein Becker - 20


Mind if I tag? Could be useful down the road.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 3.51 Cornell Bid List

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Looks pretty good to me I actually had Jones day other market at number 1 so I'm guessing that is going to be popular. I might throw DPW in Day 1 if your interested as a far reach. I've heard that they care about grades, but will dip lower if someone wows them in the interview. Don't know how you feel about your interview skills. Looks like you have a decent mix of reaches and safeties to me.


No, DPW is a waste of his time and a waste of a DPW slot.


I agree, I wasn't planning on putting DPW in the list. But what about the rest?


It seems fine, but I hope you don't like the stuff like Seward and Stroock very much.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.