Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:callback a while ago, offer a little a few days after. also know someone who got a next day offer.



sorry for latham chicago that is

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am

Can we compile a list of Chicago firms where offers have gone out? May not be entirely applicable to everyone due to the timing of CBs and all of that, but could be helpful for some people still waiting. Post-CB offers given at: K&E, Latham, Sidley, Winston - any others?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can we compile a list of Chicago firms where offers have gone out? May not be entirely applicable to everyone due to the timing of CBs and all of that, but could be helpful for some people still waiting. Post-CB offers given at: K&E, Latham, Sidley, Winston - any others?


Schiff

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can we compile a list of Chicago firms where offers have gone out? May not be entirely applicable to everyone due to the timing of CBs and all of that, but could be helpful for some people still waiting. Post-CB offers given at: K&E, Latham, Sidley, Winston - any others?


Schiff


also Jenner

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can we compile a list of Chicago firms where offers have gone out? May not be entirely applicable to everyone due to the timing of CBs and all of that, but could be helpful for some people still waiting. Post-CB offers given at: K&E, Latham, Sidley, Winston - any others?


Schiff


also Jenner


jones day

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can we compile a list of Chicago firms where offers have gone out? May not be entirely applicable to everyone due to the timing of CBs and all of that, but could be helpful for some people still waiting. Post-CB offers given at: K&E, Latham, Sidley, Winston - any others?


Schiff


also Jenner


jones day



Not at Michigan but Mayer and Quinn.

User avatar
RedSwingline
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby RedSwingline » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Hell, while we are at it, might as well make an exhaustive list of all major markets:

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW

Chicago:

Mayer
Quinn
Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham

DC:

Crowell


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 pm

RedSwingline wrote:Hell, while we are at it, might as well make an exhaustive list of all major markets:
Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley

Chicago:

Mayer
Quinn
Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RedSwingline wrote:Hell, while we are at it, might as well make an exhaustive list of all major markets:
Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley

Chicago:

Mayer
Quinn
Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.


I know of a K&L (Chi) offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RedSwingline wrote:Hell, while we are at it, might as well make an exhaustive list of all major markets:
Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley

Chicago:

Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.


I'm going to take off the Mayer and Quinn just because I think we should keep it Michigan specific. Our OCI was at a different time than other schools, leading to CBs around the same time, etc. Also a ton of firms discuss school-specific hiring around the same time. Added the K&L Chi from above (assuming it's Mich) and the other Chi offers from earlier.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Yep, the K&L offer mentioned above was from Mich.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
RedSwingline wrote:Hell, while we are at it, might as well make an exhaustive list of all major markets:
Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley

Chicago:

Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.


I'm going to take off the Mayer and Quinn just because I think we should keep it Michigan specific. Our OCI was at a different time than other schools, leading to CBs around the same time, etc. Also a ton of firms discuss school-specific hiring around the same time. Added the K&L Chi from above (assuming it's Mich) and the other Chi offers from earlier.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point wrote:Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer (x2)
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley

Chicago:

Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

Note: The above are confirmed by personal knowledge. Please feel free to update and keep in the thread for everyone else.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point wrote:Los Angeles
Kirkland & Ellis
Gibson Dunn
Irell

SF/Silicon Valley:

WSGR - SV
Cooley - SF
Latham - SF

NYC:

Weil
Proskauer (x2)
Debevoise
Skadden
DPW
Sidley
Simpson Thacher
Jones Day
Paul Weiss
Milbank
SullCrom

Chicago:

Jenner
Schiff
Jones Day
Latham
Winston & Strawn
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

DC:

Crowell
Skadden


Michigan:

Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema


Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Mayer Brown Chicago - offer last week (Michigan student)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mayer Brown Chicago - offer last week (Michigan student)


When was your interview and what day did you hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Gibson dc,
Gibson ny,
Gibson la,
Skadden ny,
Skadden dc,
Latham Chicago,
Winston Strawn Chicago,
Paul Weiss nyc,
Kirkland la,
Kirkland ny,
Kirkland Chicago,
Proskauer ny,
Mofo, internationally,
Sidley la
Mayer Chicago

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Mayer Brown Chicago - offer last week (Michigan student)


When was your interview and what day did you hear?



Callback two weeks ago, offered 7 days later

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point, alphabetized!:

"MoFo internationally"

Los Angeles
Gibson Dunn
Irell
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

SF/Silicon Valley:
Cooley - SF
Latham - SF
WSGR - SV

NYC:
Clifford Chance
Cravath
Debevoise
DPW
Gibson Dunn
Jones Day
Kirkland & Ellis
Milbank
Paul Weiss
Proskauer
Quinn Emanuel
Sidley Austin
Simpson Thacher
Skadden
SullCrom
Weil
White & Case
Willkie Farr

Chicago:
Jenner
Jones Day
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham
Mayer Brown
Schiff
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn

DC:
Crowell
Gibson Dunn
Skadden

Michigan:
Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point, alphabetized!:

"MoFo internationally"

Los Angeles
Gibson Dunn
Irell
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

SF/Silicon Valley:
Cooley - SF
Latham - SF
WSGR - SV

NYC:
Clifford Chance
Cravath
Debevoise
DPW
Gibson Dunn
Hogan Lovells
Jones Day
Kirkland & Ellis
Mayer Brown
Milbank
Morgan Lewis
Paul Weiss
Proskauer
Quinn Emanuel
Sidley Austin
Simpson Thacher
Skadden
SullCrom
Weil
White & Case
Willkie Farr

Chicago:
Jenner
Jones Day
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham
Mayer Brown
Schiff
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn

DC:
Crowell
Gibson Dunn
Skadden

Michigan:
Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point, alphabetized!:

"MoFo internationally"

Los Angeles
Gibson Dunn
Irell
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

SF/Silicon Valley:
Cooley - SF
Latham - SF
WSGR - SV

NYC:
Clifford Chance
Cravath
Debevoise
DPW
Gibson Dunn
Jones Day
Kirkland & Ellis
Mayer Brown
Milbank
Morgan Lewis
Paul Weiss
Proskauer
Quinn Emanuel
Sidley Austin
Simpson Thacher
Skadden
SullCrom
Weil
White & Case
Willkie Farr

Chicago:
Jenner
Jones Day
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham
Mayer Brown
Schiff
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn

DC:
Crowell
Gibson Dunn
Hogan Lovells
Skadden

Michigan:
Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

User avatar
RedSwingline
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby RedSwingline » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:19 am

Accumulated Knowledge of Offers to Michigan Students to This Point, alphabetized!:

International:
MoFo

Los Angeles:
Gibson Dunn
Irell
Kirkland & Ellis
Sidley Austin

SF/Silicon Valley:
Cooley - SF
Latham - SF
WSGR - SV

NYC:
Clifford Chance
Cravath
Debevoise
DPW
Gibson Dunn
Jones Day
Kirkland & Ellis
Mayer Brown
Milbank
Morgan Lewis
Paul Weiss
Proskauer
Quinn Emanuel
Sidley Austin
Simpson Thacher
Skadden
SullCrom
Weil
White & Case
Willkie Farr

Chicago:
Jenner
Jones Day
K&L Gates
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham
Mayer Brown
Schiff
Sidley Austin
Winston & Strawn

DC:
Crowell
Gibson Dunn
Hogan Lovells
Skadden

Michigan:
Miller Canfield
Honigman
Clark Hill
Dykema

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Just a gentle reminder to everyone:

It's kind of bad form to immediately ask people about their job situation, especially when you have an offer and don't know whether the other person has an offer. Even if you genuinely mean well and are just trying to find a topic of conversation, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Idk if this has been happening alot, but I know of at least some instances. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about, most of which is not law-school related. Big congrats to everyone with offers, and best of luck and infinite support to those who struck out or are still waiting to hear back. Carry on :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just a gentle reminder to everyone:

It's kind of bad form to immediately ask people about their job situation, especially when you have an offer and don't know whether the other person has an offer. Even if you genuinely mean well and are just trying to find a topic of conversation, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Idk if this has been happening alot, but I know of at least some instances. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about, most of which is not law-school related. Big congrats to everyone with offers, and best of luck and infinite support to those who struck out or are still waiting to hear back. Carry on :D


At my school (not UM), folks were very open about things and would not have considered this question bad form. Two close friends at Michigan at the same time, meanwhile, were happy to talk about their situations with me, but would have never considered asking the question to each other. I think you have to cut people some slack on both sides. It's a tense time and a tense topic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just a gentle reminder to everyone:

It's kind of bad form to immediately ask people about their job situation, especially when you have an offer and don't know whether the other person has an offer. Even if you genuinely mean well and are just trying to find a topic of conversation, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Idk if this has been happening alot, but I know of at least some instances. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about, most of which is not law-school related. Big congrats to everyone with offers, and best of luck and infinite support to those who struck out or are still waiting to hear back. Carry on :D


At my school (not UM), folks were very open about things and would not have considered this question bad form. Two close friends at Michigan at the same time, meanwhile, were happy to talk about their situations with me, but would have never considered asking the question to each other. I think you have to cut people some slack on both sides. It's a tense time and a tense topic.


From speaking with people at school (I'm at Mich), OCI was a shit show. Most people that were below a 3.7/LR struck out. I don't know anyone below a 3.4 with an offer. Shit was bad at our OCI, so, while I get this may not be the same everywhere, it seems like Mich students are even more sensitive about this issue than in years before (and we all know Mich students are more sensitive than pretty much everywhere else, maybe save Bezerkeley). So, I get the OP's point about not bringing it up if you already have an offer. However, I don't see a problem with someone who struck out asking someone else how they did, as both parties will likely be able to commiserate with each other.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.