Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Has anyone received a rejection from S&C post screen?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 am

movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding


Damn. Sorry. If you don't mind sharing, how did the ding come (snail mail, email, phone call) and which firm? I'm still waiting on 3 Detroit firms post-cb. Also, how long between cb and ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding


Damn. Sorry. If you don't mind sharing, how did the ding come (snail mail, email, phone call) and which firm? I'm still waiting on 3 Detroit firms post-cb. Also, how long between cb and ding?


what firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding


Damn. Sorry. If you don't mind sharing, how did the ding come (snail mail, email, phone call) and which firm? I'm still waiting on 3 Detroit firms post-cb. Also, how long between cb and ding?


what firms?


bodman, snail mail, cb 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding


Damn. Sorry. If you don't mind sharing, how did the ding come (snail mail, email, phone call) and which firm? I'm still waiting on 3 Detroit firms post-cb. Also, how long between cb and ding?


what firms?


Miller Canfield, Bodman, and Clark Hill.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:movement from Detroit firms for anyone who is interested. post-cb ding


Damn. Sorry. If you don't mind sharing, how did the ding come (snail mail, email, phone call) and which firm? I'm still waiting on 3 Detroit firms post-cb. Also, how long between cb and ding?


what firms?


bodman, snail mail, cb 2 weeks ago.


What did you think of Bodman when you were there? How was the cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 am

Anyone get a cb from dickinson (detroit office)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:13 am

I liked it a lot, to be honest. All of the attorneys I met with were very nice. I can't say the same about other firms with which I have interviewed. Best of luck to you all! This one stung quite a bit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a cb from dickinson (detroit office)?


Yes. Got the invite a few days after screener at OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:35 am

T14, Honigman offer. Silence from Bodman CB (expecting ding). Silence from Dickinson screener. Upcoming CBs at Clark Hill, Miller Canfield, and Varnum (GR).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Aside from Honigman sending out offers, has anyone heard any positive news from other Detroit area firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Pillsbury DC ding (post-screener) today by snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Aside from Honigman sending out offers, has anyone heard any positive news from other Detroit area firms?


Miller Canfield offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a cb from dickinson (detroit office)?


Yes. Got the invite a few days after screener at OCI.


Who was your interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a cb from dickinson (detroit office)?


Yes. Got the invite a few days after screener at OCI.


Who was your interviewer?


Have no idea. Sorry.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 pm

anything on Foley Detroit? I saw a ding in this thread, but any cbs or offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anything on Foley Detroit? I saw a ding in this thread, but any cbs or offers?


Got a cb about two weeks ago. It looks like they are only hiring one summer associate in that office from NALP... drop from the 3 last year. Possibly a concern?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Aside from Honigman sending out offers, has anyone heard any positive news from other Detroit area firms?


Miller Canfield offer


how long did it take for you to get an offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Aside from Honigman sending out offers, has anyone heard any positive news from other Detroit area firms?


Miller Canfield offer


how long did it take for you to get an offer?


About a week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
bodman, snail mail, cb 2 weeks ago.


Well... damn. Don't know where that puts me. I had cb same time frame as you but didn't get anything in the mail on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I feel as if they reviewed people who had their cb's two weeks ago, they would have reviewed everybody at the same time and made decisions at the same time.

Maybe my ding got lost in the mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 am

Bodman is relatively quick to ding and slow to offer. As long as you're not dinged, you're still very much alive (speaking from past experience).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bodman is relatively quick to ding and slow to offer. As long as you're not dinged, you're still very much alive (speaking from past experience).


Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Any other news on Detroit firms? Any offers out of Dickinson Wright, Foley, Dykema, Clark Hill, Bodman, Honigman?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any other news on Detroit firms? Any offers out of Dickinson Wright, Foley, Dykema, Clark Hill, Bodman, Honigman?


Honigman offer




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.