Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone else get a Cleary ny callback?

I think you're the only one

i didn't get a callback but i haven't gotten a ding either. not sure what to think.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Anyone have CBs/dings from:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 pm

How is OCI going for everyone?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How is OCI going for everyone?

There is no way to answer this question. OCI goes differently for different people, and any person's answer for how they think it is going will be colored by selection bias. For example, I could say good because most of the people I hang out with have 9+ callbacks. But, I am guessing this is not the average/median. Someone else might say bad because their close friends have 1 or fewer callbacks. But, again this is probably not near the average/median. People tend to hang out with people similar to themselves, and points of view will be widely distorted based on this.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have CBs/dings from:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

A friend has locke lord CB. Dont know anything about the other ones though

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:48 pm

K&E Chicago email ding

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Honigman ding by email

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

There is no way to answer this question. OCI goes differently for different people, and any person's answer for how they think it is going will be colored by selection bias. For example, I could say good because most of the people I hang out with have 9+ callbacks. But, I am guessing this is not the average/median. Someone else might say bad because their close friends have 1 or fewer callbacks. But, again this is probably not near the average/median. People tend to hang out with people similar to themselves, and points of view will be widely distorted based on this.

Dude was inviting anecdotes, not overwrought analysis of the painfully obvious. I thought Dean Z's job was to weed out this kind of aspie-ness.

Congrats to you and your crew, homie.

User has been outed and warned.

oblig.lawl.ref

Postby oblig.lawl.ref » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Terrible, struck out. I have pretty good grades too. Just hoping I can get something via mass mail. I'm jealous of your 9+ callback friends.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Honigman ding by email

post-CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Dude was inviting anecdotes, not overwrought analysis of the painfully obvious. I thought Dean Z's job was to weed out this kind of aspie-ness.

I thought his/her analysis was very thorough. I mean, didn't you pick out your friends at the beginning of 1L based on who you thought would have similar grades? :roll:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I thought his/her analysis was very thorough. I mean, didn't you pick out your friends at the beginning of 1L based on who you thought would have similar grades? :roll:

As much as it sucks to hear it when you're sitting on very few CBs, that shouldn't mean that people shouldn't post their success stories here. I deferred my admission to Michigan and followed their OCI thread very carefully that year, and it's likely there are other non-Michigan 2Ls who are doing the same now. This isn't really a place to brag because its anonymous, but it's good for those who are successful, like 9+ CB friend dude, to post about what worked for them. He probably could have phrased it differently or been more informative, but it's a valid point that some people are very successful

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Honigman ding by email

post-CB?

No CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Has anyone received a ding from WSGR? I didn't get a callback but Im trying to figure out if I'm on some sort of wait list.

potted plant

Postby potted plant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm

oblig.lawl.ref wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Terrible, struck out. I have pretty good grades too. Just hoping I can get something via mass mail. I'm jealous of your 9+ callback friends.

Sorry to hear that oblig.lawl.ref. Good luck with the mass mailing!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

heard from foster swift last week - cb by email

potted plant

Postby potted plant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

heard from foster swift last week - cb by email

Not Chicago, but I got a Sheppard Mullin SF ding yesterday. No idea if they're on a similar schedule.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

Jaffe CB by phone

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

Jaffe CB by phone

Damn. When did you get the Jaffe CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Miller Johnson
Miller Canfield
Jaffe Raitt
Foster Swift
Sheppard Mullin (CHI)
Locke Lord (CHI)

Jaffe CB by phone

Damn. When did you get the Jaffe CB?

also, are you from Mich?

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 pm

oblig.lawl.ref wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry oblig :( . Are there some firms you haven't heard from either way? If so, maybe they're just moving a little slower than most? I would think it's still early to know whether you totally struck out. Keep your chin up. You got this.

oblig.lawl.ref

Postby oblig.lawl.ref » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:
oblig.lawl.ref wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry oblig :( . Are there some firms you haven't heard from either way? If so, maybe they're just moving a little slower than most? I would think it's still early to know whether you totally struck out. Keep your chin up. You got this.

Thanks for the support. There are a few firms I haven't heard from--not many. But I'm somewhat optimistic about mass mailing. I think I figured out what I was doing wrong in interviews and hope I can get a few looks from NYC firms with huge SA classes and higher gpa cut-offs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Milbank CB yesterday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

oblig.lawl.ref wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Just want to chime in. I struck out as well and I would say that interviews went pretty well. It's not all sunshine and 9+ callbacks over here :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
oblig.lawl.ref wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Just want to chime in. I struck out as well and I would say that interviews went pretty well. It's not all sunshine and 9+ callbacks over here :cry:

Fuck. I struck out.

Return to “Legal Employment”