Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:01 am

I'm starting to get worried. I got a 3.55 and no call backs. I swear I listened to all the advice here and thought the interviews went well. I don't understand it. I even went through my resume and materials checking for typos but didn't find any.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm starting to get worried. I got a 3.55 and no call backs. I swear I listened to all the advice here and thought the interviews went well. I don't understand it. I even went through my resume and materials checking for typos but didn't find any.

What market?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm starting to get worried. I got a 3.55 and no call backs. I swear I listened to all the advice here and thought the interviews went well. I don't understand it. I even went through my resume and materials checking for typos but didn't find any.

What market?


West Coast. So I supposed I still have a few more chances with firms. Just a few of my top firms have sent out cbs already, or so I've heard.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm starting to get worried. I got a 3.55 and no call backs. I swear I listened to all the advice here and thought the interviews went well. I don't understand it. I even went through my resume and materials checking for typos but didn't find any.

What market?


West Coast. So I supposed I still have a few more chances with firms. Just a few of my top firms have sent out cbs already, or so I've heard.

La and sf are slow. I wouldn't panic. Which firms have sent cbs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm starting to get worried. I got a 3.55 and no call backs. I swear I listened to all the advice here and thought the interviews went well. I don't understand it. I even went through my resume and materials checking for typos but didn't find any.

What market?


West Coast. So I supposed I still have a few more chances with firms. Just a few of my top firms have sent out cbs already, or so I've heard.

La and sf are slow. I wouldn't panic. Which firms have sent cbs?


As reported ITT Gibson LA, Cooley SV, WSGR SV, OMM LA, Sidley LA. Also I got dinged by STB SV.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am

Anyone heard of people getting CBs from Kirkland or Sidley Chi?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 am

Davis Polk nyc ding. Ugh. Really wanted them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard of people getting CBs from Kirkland or Sidley Chi?


I know some people got Sidley Chi callbacks a few days ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Different guy here from A&O dude above. I got CB for A&O from interviewer BG.

No one's heard from Willkie or PH or Kramer NYC?

Kirkland Bros thought they were too cool for school.

When did you get the AO one?


PH NY cb yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Willkie ny callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Is it safe to assume Cadwalader and Weil NY are done with callbacks? :( I felt Cadwalader went really well and my GPA is above their median... Kind of confused as to why I haven't heard anything.

lolcatz88
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby lolcatz88 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Update on Chi firms...as far as I know or have heard from others calls from the following chi firms have gone out. Any others? Baker, Kirkland, Schiff, PH?

Latham
McDermot
Sidley
Skadden
W&S
Jenner
Mayer Brown
Katten
Perkins Coie

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

^ Jenner

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:35 pm

^ Jones day

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:38 pm

3 callbacks, 4 dings... and 2 likely dings, I think... total of 17 interviews. Is this not good? (bid on NY).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it safe to assume Cadwalader and Weil NY are done with callbacks? :( I felt Cadwalader went really well and my GPA is above their median... Kind of confused as to why I haven't heard anything.


OCP told me that firms "definitely" give tiered callbacks, that they'll "reach" for the best people at first and ding the ones they definitely don't want, but as the more competitive candidates get better offers and cancel callbacks, the firms will dip back in. so in that sense, silence is a good thing at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 pm

lolcatz88 wrote:Update on Chi firms...as far as I know or have heard from others calls from the following chi firms have gone out. Any others? Baker, Kirkland, Schiff, PH?

Latham
McDermot
Sidley
Skadden
W&S
Jenner
Mayer Brown
Katten
Perkins Coie


I can confirm
PH
Vedder Price
Barack

Ropes ding. so they have probably started going out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Callback from v&e Houston a couple days ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Foley Detroit ding via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Mayer Brown NYC has sent out some CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Linklaters NYC ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Do you think all CBs will be sent out by the end of this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Any word on:

Arnold and Porter (DC)
Goodwin Proctor (NY)
Paul Hastings (NY)
Morgan Lewis (NY)
Williams and Connolly?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on:

Arnold and Porter (DC)
Goodwin Proctor (NY)
Paul Hastings (NY)
Morgan Lewis (NY)
Williams and Connolly?


Goodwin NY didn't even come to OCI. Their Boston office did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan 2013 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on:

Arnold and Porter (DC)
Goodwin Proctor (NY)
Paul Hastings (NY)
Morgan Lewis (NY)
Williams and Connolly?


I received a Paul Hastings cb yesterday.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.