Timeline for 3L recruiting

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Timeline for 3L recruiting

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:30 am

My girlfriend is going in to her second year of an MBA and is recruiting in the Fall. Full time offers for MBAs usually start coming in during late Fall (November-December). She doesn't know yet if she'll be able to get a position with her current summer internship, or where that position would be (big company with lots of offices).

I have an SA position in market X where there are relatively few opportunities for my girlfriend. I also had an offer for an SA in market Y where there are a lot more opportunities. The firm from market Y is also doing 3L OCI at my school so I know they are trying to pick up extra people.

Can someone who has done recruiting as a 3L comment on timing for big firms? Are they unlikely to be willing to entertain giving me an offer in the winter of 3L year if I wind up wanting to go to a different market?

rad lulz

Re: Timeline for 3L recruiting

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am

3L OCI timeline is about the same as 2L OCI

The OCI part will be pretty much done by November because that's usually the deadline to accept 2L summer -> permanent offers

But I saw lots of stray jerb poastings from large firms throughout the year

There isn't really a "timeline" or a "season" for 3L hiring

Keep in mind 3L OCI for the last year yielded a total of 82 offers TOTAL at NALP firms

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Well 3L OCI will clearly be too early to tell for me. The stray postings last year seem like a positive sign but the whole Weil thing doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Any anecdotes from people who tried to change course mid-year would be helpful.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well 3L OCI will clearly be too early to tell for me. The stray postings last year seem like a positive sign but the whole Weil thing doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Any anecdotes from people who tried to change course mid-year would be helpful.

If you get an offer from your summer firm, I'd strongly consider taking that

3L hiring is a wasteland

Return to “Legal Employment”