3.6 at CLS- What's off the table?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.6 at CLS- What's off the table?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm just trying to figure out which firms I should avoid with a 3.6 at CLS. I'm assuming/pretty sure that prestigious DC offices, WLRK and Boies are totally off the table for me, but would it be worth bidding SullCrom and Cravath with a 3.6? I'm interested in both, but I don't want to waste slots on firms that won't be interested in me.

Thanks for any/all help.

Anonymous User

Re: 3.6 at CLS- What's off the table?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 pm

You might want to fold this question into the master CLS EIP thread—I bet you might get more answers there and it would be nice to keep all the CLS info in one place. (To the substance of your question, I don't know my self.)

-B.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:51 pm

a job

Myself

Postby Myself » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:09 pm

I would talk to your career services. At NYU, Cravath is a longshot (if I remember correctly, the lowest GPA they took was in the high 3.6x range) but S&C occasionally offers in that range. Your OCS should be able to give you more detailed information-- this is one of the few areas where they can be genuinely helpful, considering they have past offer data.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I would talk to your career services. At NYU, Cravath is a longshot (if I remember correctly, the lowest GPA they took was in the high 3.6x range) but S&C occasionally offers in that range. Your OCS should be able to give you more detailed information-- this is one of the few areas where they can be genuinely helpful, considering they have past offer data.

Our OCS doesn't give us that kind of info, even if you ask. I see this has been asked and answered in the CLS EIP thread, though. Thanks!

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I would talk to your career services. At NYU, Cravath is a longshot (if I remember correctly, the lowest GPA they took was in the high 3.6x range) but S&C occasionally offers in that range. Your OCS should be able to give you more detailed information-- this is one of the few areas where they can be genuinely helpful, considering they have past offer data.

NYU curve is much looser than Columbia curve. I think SullCrom and Cravath are not far reaches at Columbia with 3.6. They have giant classes.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:12 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:a job

Knock it off.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 am

WLRK is probably off the table (but worth a last-place bid). Cravats and S&C not a lock but possible. Everything else is wide open. Congrats on a great first year.

I had a 3.5 + something, class of 2013. Your curve is a tad higher than ours was so your GPA is fairly comparable. Best advice is to get comfortable interviewing and you should be fine.

Return to “Legal Employment”