Texas, top 10% - chances in NYC? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Texas, top 10% - chances in NYC?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Ended up with a 3.92 at Texas after my first year. No LR, but I'm on a respectable secondary journal. What are my chances in NYC? Is it worth bidding on Cravath, Latham, and/or Skadden? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: Texas, top 10% - chances in NYC?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ended up with a 3.92 at Texas after my first year. No LR, but I'm on a respectable secondary journal. What are my chances in NYC? Is it worth bidding on Cravath, Latham, and/or Skadden? Thanks in advance.
How do you know no LR, decisions haven't come out yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ended up with a 3.92 at Texas after my first year. No LR, but I'm on a respectable secondary journal. What are my chances in NYC? Is it worth bidding on Cravath, Latham, and/or Skadden? Thanks in advance.
How do you know no LR, decisions haven't come out yet?
I couldn't participate in the write-on due to some unavoidable conflicts.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Got it. Well as long as you have a semi-articulate reason for wanting to be in NY, I think your chances are very good at all the NY firms going to UT's fair. Top 25% last year came back w/ lots of callbacks so you should be in an even better position.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Very good and yes. Had multiple friends in my recent year's class who were 3.8+. They interviewed and got jobs with the likes of Skadden, S&C, Latham, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”