"Unofficial Transcript."

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

"Unofficial Transcript."

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:40 pm

When a job posting requests an unofficial transcript, how unofficial can it be? Does it need to be something directly from my school, or can I just type up one myself?

Nammertat

Re: "Unofficial Transcript."

Postby Nammertat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When a job posting requests an unofficial transcript, how unofficial can it be? Does it need to be something directly from my school, or can I just type up one myself?

Depends on the school. Some have a self reported grade sheet template for students to use. Others want you to get an official one and photocopy it.

jml8756

Postby jml8756 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Does your school let you view your transcript online? If so you can just print that out.

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:58 pm

jml8756 wrote:Does your school let you view your transcript online? If so you can just print that out.

You CAN, but usually the online transcripts look like hell.

jml8756

Postby jml8756 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Nammertat wrote:
jml8756 wrote:Does your school let you view your transcript online? If so you can just print that out.

You CAN, but usually the online transcripts look like hell.

I would copy and paste the text into a word document, then adjust the margins and/or font size until everything is aligned properly. Worked well for me.

Return to “Legal Employment”