Apply for 3L OCI? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Apply for 3L OCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 am

Are there any downsides to applying for 3L OCI when your at a firm that is pretty much 100% offer? I've heard that the firms you bid on may call your current firm before offers are made which I think would be a bad thing, is this actually done?

Anonymous User

Re: Apply for 3L OCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that the firms you bid on may call your current firm before offers are made which I think would be a bad thing, is this actually done?
I've heard the same thing. It will probably make the relationship somewhat awkward with you and you current firm, especially if you end up there after graduation. But, remember that you won't actually be starting there until a year later, so it will most likely be forgotten or never brought up again.

In the end, I think it's most important to focus on what you want and to go out and try to get it. Be honest with your current firm - I'm sure it's not the first time someone has dabbled elsewhere while they have a pending offer.

Anonymous User

Re: Apply for 3L OCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 am

OP here, I think the issue is that there are like 3 firms at OCI that I would consider applying to, but after hearing some stories about V5 hours, it reall makes me wonder if I'd really want to work 20-30% more on top of rough hours already for slightly more prestige...

Am I right in figurin that if I end up being the one guy in years to get no offered I wouldn't have much chance at 3L OCI anyway?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”