Columbia Law School EIP 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from a Ropes CB?


Heard yesterday, callback last week (NY)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Willkie/Sidley wonderer from above here: Willkie offer just now (24 hours later)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Anyone heard from a Pillsbury CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from Debevoise earlier this morning, callback Friday.

Earlier offer from Cahill was a phone call in the evening with the email offer letter coming the next day.


How long after your Cahill interview did you get your offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer from Debevoise earlier this morning, callback Friday.

Earlier offer from Cahill was a phone call in the evening with the email offer letter coming the next day.


How long after your Cahill interview did you get your offer?

The following evening.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Anyone hear from Chadbourne NY yet after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Chadbourne NY yet after CB?


Ding yesterday via email. CB was Monday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Chadbourne NY yet after CB?


Ding yesterday via email. CB was Monday


Thanks for the reply. I also was there Monday, silence so far... Over in the NYU thread they have already gotten offers and their callback day was Tuesday.... so guess I could be on hold.... Good luck with the rest of your CB's!

User avatar
bowser
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby bowser » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:16 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have that spreadsheet from career services with # of screeeners, callbacks, callbacks taken, and offers? I had it and then I lost it, but I think it was somewhere in the thread.


2012

2011


Hmm. Interesting. People said 2012 was a bloodbath but it looks like there were 14 more offers in 2012 than 2011.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:35 am

bowser wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have that spreadsheet from career services with # of screeeners, callbacks, callbacks taken, and offers? I had it and then I lost it, but I think it was somewhere in the thread.


2012

2011


Hmm. Interesting. People said 2012 was a bloodbath but it looks like there were 14 more offers in 2012 than 2011.


I think a greater number of people participated in 2012, so anywhere from 20-25% of that class didn't accept offers through OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Covington NY after a callback last week?


Still waiting as well.


They said they'd try to get back to people in a week. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer.


Thanks for the reply. Still waiting..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Covington NY after a callback last week?


Still waiting as well.


They said they'd try to get back to people in a week. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer.


Thanks for the reply. Still waiting..


A friend heard back from them last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm

There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

I'm wondering that too. FWIW, I haven't heard from Ropes & Gray, Akin Gump, Latham & Watkins, or MoFo (all NY).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

I'm wondering that too. FWIW, I haven't heard from Ropes & Gray, Akin Gump, Latham & Watkins, or MoFo (all NY).

+ K&E NY

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

I'm wondering that too. FWIW, I haven't heard from Ropes & Gray, Akin Gump, Latham & Watkins, or MoFo (all NY).


Haven't heard from Akin or Latham either..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A friend heard back from them last week.


Welp. Congrats to your friend, though!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

I'm wondering that too. FWIW, I haven't heard from Ropes & Gray, Akin Gump, Latham & Watkins, or MoFo (all NY).


Haven't heard from Akin or Latham either..


Not to be a dick, but those interviews were more than a week ago. I wouldn't count on any good news coming. Latham, ropes and Kirkland have already been doing callbacks. These firms move quickly because they have a lot of schools to get to.

The ship has passed my friends. Keep mailing

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A friend heard back from them last week.


Welp. Congrats to your friend, though!

Do you know which day your friend did his/her callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There are a couple firms that have been silent for me since EIP. Does that mean rejected or is it possible to still get a CB?

I'm wondering that too. FWIW, I haven't heard from Ropes & Gray, Akin Gump, Latham & Watkins, or MoFo (all NY).


Haven't heard from Akin or Latham either..


Not to be a dick, but those interviews were more than a week ago. I wouldn't count on any good news coming. Latham, ropes and Kirkland have already been doing callbacks. These firms move quickly because they have a lot of schools to get to.

The ship has passed my friends. Keep mailing


I know people have gotten CBs from Akin as well. But I actually haven't heard of anyone with a MoFo NY callback. I'm assuming they've made some calls by now though, has anyone heard from them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 pm

I have yet to hear from some EIP screeners - Baker Hostetler, Curtis-Mallet, Kelley Drye, and Dechert - am assuming dings at this point, can anyone confirm CBs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Assume everything is a ding at this point. If you're not satisfied with the number of CBs you have, then you need to go out and mass mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Assume everything is a ding at this point. If you're not satisfied with the number of CBs you have, then you need to go out and mass mail.


I had 6 CBs from EIP and have one offer already. I was just wondering, since it's been radio silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Anyone hear positive news from Chadbourne yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia Law School EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm

You might pick something up. Kasowitz called the other day, so some firms do just move slowly or are continuing to offer callbacks.

That said, you shouldn't count on it/wait for that to happen if you're not satisfied with what you have.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.