HLS EIP 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Speaking of Paul Weiss, has anyone who had a callback with them this week heard back?


They've given offers to just a few HLS people, though I don't know when those people had their callbacks (must have been this week). I'm sure many more offers are forthcoming.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from A&P DC tuesday night callback program hear back yet?

nope

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Anyone have a sense of WilmerHale's DC or Boston CB -> offer schedule for this year might be?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Simpson Thacher - Tuesday callback, Thursday offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I interviewed with Cleary sometime earlier this week, they mentioned a reception for callback interviewees on Thursday night and said that we would be receiving emails... I still haven't heard anything about it... Has anyone heard details? I don't think this was tied to results of the callbacks since the recruiting people mentioned it before I went into any of my interviews...


Bump. Anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When I interviewed with Cleary sometime earlier this week, they mentioned a reception for callback interviewees on Thursday night and said that we would be receiving emails... I still haven't heard anything about it... Has anyone heard details? I don't think this was tied to results of the callbacks since the recruiting people mentioned it before I went into any of my interviews...


Bump. Anyone?


The reception is in their office at 6pm tonight. There's an email somewhere that invites you to it and you probably just missed it.

Whether you go or not probably does not affect your chances at the least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey guys,

I interviewed a couple of days ago with Freshfields NY and I haven't heard anything... I'm afraid they've already given out offers to other people. Does anyone know anything about this? Or Freshfields offer timelines in general?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys,

I interviewed a couple of days ago with Freshfields NY and I haven't heard anything... I'm afraid they've already given out offers to other people. Does anyone know anything about this? Or Freshfields offer timelines in general?



I received an offer just now after interviewing yesterday. I don't know anything beyond this, sorry I can't be more helpful

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:18 pm

For the person that was asking about TX movement, AK callback today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Speaking of Paul Weiss, has anyone who had a callback with them this week heard back?


They've given offers to just a few HLS people, though I don't know when those people had their callbacks (must have been this week). I'm sure many more offers are forthcoming.


FWIW, interviewed Tuesday, heard nothing. not expecting much.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:05 pm

That awkward moment when you realize that your follow up emails had a typo in them :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Dings from Milbank, Shearman, and Fox Rothschild.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:That awkward moment when you realize that your follow up emails had a typo in them :cry:


Eh, I know people who have gotten offers in spite of that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Has anyone received an offer from Willkie that was not immediately after the callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been any 3L activity for Cravath? (GS) I haven't received a call or rejection email.

Thanks

I was rejected last week (interviewer was RB).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there been any 3L activity for Cravath? (GS) I haven't received a call or rejection email.

Thanks


Has there been any movement on 3Ls outside of NYC? I only have 1 CB so far.
I've heard of some CBs, but I also have not heard from several of the places with whom I interviewed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer from Willkie that was not immediately after the callback?


Some people in the Willkie thread have. I had my cb Tuesday and no word so I've lost a lot of hope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:latham and kirkland chicago by phone


Exactly when did you hear from Kirkland/Latham Chicago by phone?


Was this just a flame. No one else I know heard yesterday. Interviewer?


Hoping this is just a flame...really holding out hope for Kirkland chi and haven't heard of anyone (including a few friends from GULC) hearing anything -- CBs, dings, or otherwise -- from them....


I heard from latham (RB) on the 16th and Kirkland (DL and LM) on the 20th i believe

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:27 pm

A friend of mine heard back from Kirkland & Ellis (NY) and Schulte Roth (NY).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Has anyone heard back from Cleary DC after a CB? I've been told their hiring committee met today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Cleary DC after a CB? I've been told their hiring committee met today.


How about Cleary (NY)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Just got a rejection email from Bingham (Boston); CB was on Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Have people heard back from Cravath after their callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 am

Schulte offer today, CB was on Monday.

Went to their dinner reception too - that place was awesome.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Cleary DC after a CB? I've been told their hiring committee met today.


How about Cleary (NY)?


+1




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.