HLS EIP 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Fried Frank cb just now

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Just got a cb from Jones Day SF. SF is pretty quiet though!

If anyone gets a mail rejection from any SF firm, will you please post it? I'm not currently living at the address that is on my resume so I may be behind on knowing about them. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Ding from Skadden LA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 pm

bingham rejection via email just now

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Any CBs from Ropes & Gray in Boston? Interviewer was RS.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:bingham rejection via email just now

what city?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Skadden LA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm

any McKinsey second-rounders wanna exchange tips, share guides etc?

Also any McKinsey folks (current, previous interviewees, alums etc.) wanna share tips, guides, stories and whatnot?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bingham rejection via email just now

what city?


boston

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:52 pm

latham and kirkland chicago by phone

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:my non-HLS friend just got an offer from Skadden NY after Super Saturday


Mind sharing your friend's grade and the general ranking level of this person's school? Just curious.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:latham and kirkland chicago by phone


Exactly when did you hear from Kirkland Chicago by phone?

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Wonk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Ropes & Gray in Boston? Interviewer was RS.

Might be unhelpful since not RS but a lot of Ropes callbacks went out by email on Friday.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm

.
Last edited by unc0mm0n1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Wonk wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Ropes & Gray in Boston? Interviewer was RS.

Might be unhelpful since not RS but a lot of Ropes callbacks went out by email on Friday.


I had RS and have not heard anything one way or the other

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fried Frank cb just now


Interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 am

Any new movement on S&C?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 am

Irell ding!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:any McKinsey second-rounders wanna exchange tips, share guides etc?

Also any McKinsey folks (current, previous interviewees, alums etc.) wanna share tips, guides, stories and whatnot?


Yes please! This would be amazing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any McKinsey second-rounders wanna exchange tips, share guides etc?

Also any McKinsey folks (current, previous interviewees, alums etc.) wanna share tips, guides, stories and whatnot?


Yes please! This would be amazing.


i'll set up another op so people can exchange tips anonymously.

eta: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=215080#p7025816

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:latham and kirkland chicago by phone


Exactly when did you hear from Kirkland/Latham Chicago by phone?


Was this just a flame. No one else I know heard yesterday. Interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 am

Havent heard 24 hours since my CB (NY V20). Should I assume ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 am

sorry if i missed this earlier in the thread, but has anyone heard from sidley in dc? it has been a week now, so i'm assuming it's a ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Havent heard 24 hours since my CB (NY V20). Should I assume ding?


depends on the firm. and either way, id say 24 hours is way too soon to make that assumption.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Havent heard 24 hours since my CB (NY V20). Should I assume ding?


depends on the firm. and either way, id say 24 hours is way too soon to make that assumption.


Agree. I hear from a 3L that most NYC firms meet the night of the interview and should contact you by the following business day - but its still fairly early in the day if your callback was Monday. The OCI table at EIP did mention that some firms have hiring committees that only meet once or twice a week so it might be longer for some firms.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.