HLS 6H/4P Bids

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

HLS 6H/4P Bids

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Hey all,

HLS 1L here, just got grades today. Have 6 Hs, 4 Ps (am I right this is top 30%)? I'm looking for NY Corp work mostly. Foreign language ability, not URM.

Which firms are definitely OUT with these grades? I assume Wachtell and Covington (not that I want to do DC lit anyway), anything else?

Which firms are REACHES? Am I pretty safe at some of the bigger V10s (DPW, Cleary, PW)? How do I look at Cravath, Skadden, and S&C?

I'll start building a bidlist this week, and post it soonish. In the meantime, advice is appreciated! Thanks!

hlsperson1111

Re: HLS 6H/4P Bids

Postby hlsperson1111 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:15 pm

WLRK is a reach (not necessarily out depending on your work experience and pedigree but a definite reach) but every other NY firm is a target. You should have your pick of a few V10-15 firms and you really can't screw up your bid list unless you construct it so as not to get interviews with them.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm

hlsperson1111 wrote:WLRK is a reach (not out but a definite reach) but every other NY firm is a target. You should have your pick of a few V10-15 firms and you really can't screw up your bid list unless you construct it so as not to get interviews with them.

agreed, unless there is some other factor you are not telling us (eg criminal record, severe obesity, total awkwardness, etc). you should be able to get plenty of V10 offers and WLRK is at least worth an interview but probably not happening.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

englawyer wrote:
hlsperson1111 wrote:WLRK is a reach (not out but a definite reach) but every other NY firm is a target. You should have your pick of a few V10-15 firms and you really can't screw up your bid list unless you construct it so as not to get interviews with them.

agreed, unless there is some other factor you are not telling us (eg criminal record, severe obesity, total awkwardness, etc). you should be able to get plenty of V10 offers and WLRK is at least worth an interview but probably not happening.

Ah. I'm a K-JD, so guess no WLRK. I wasn't planning to bid them anyway.

Does anyone know about Quinn? Since their interview is basely entirely on grades (and that awkward meet n greet), do you think I would get an interview there? They're probably the only place I would do lit at, and it would be a great confidence booster to have an offer in the pocket before EIP.

Thanks for the advice. I'll post my bidlist up here this week.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
englawyer wrote:

Ah. I'm a K-JD, so guess no WLRK. I wasn't planning to bid them anyway.

Does anyone know about Quinn? Since their interview is basely entirely on grades (and that awkward meet n greet), do you think I would get an interview there? They're probably the only place I would do lit at, and it would be a great confidence booster to have an offer in the pocket before EIP.

Thanks for the advice. I'll post my bidlist up here this week.

6H will probably get a CB at Quinn.

Return to “Legal Employment”