LRAP for international students

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LRAP for international students

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 am

Does LRAP apply to international students? I am from Canada and I was wondering if I am still eligible given my limited status in the US. ... DC9AA.ashx

Re: LRAP for international students

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:14 am

There's no easy answer to this question. The only way to find this out is to check with each school individually - you'll probably have to email financial aid offices.

I think the standard policy at t14 schools is that loans have to be "certified" by the financial aid office to qualify for LRAP. If so, you'll have to work out what kind of loans you'll be getting (since they won't be the standard federal loans), and then ask the financial aid office at whatever school you're considering (hopefully not Brooklyn) whether they would certify those loans for LRAP.

Also, why is this anonymous - are you worried about the internet finding out that you might one day be applying for LRAP?

Return to “Legal Employment”