2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Anyone know if Keker is up yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is Fenwick one of the firms that hasn't finished yet? Or have people received Fenwick preselects?

Someone received a late HB preselect, but earlier in the thread another person said they'd already gotten a HB preselect. So I don't think that people having heard from firms makes a difference.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know if Keker is up yet?

Keker's up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is Fenwick one of the firms that hasn't finished yet? Or have people received Fenwick preselects?

Apparently there's absolutely no way to tell, since someone had a Hanson Bridgett pre-select this morning at midnight and someone else just got one now. It seems like the firms don't release them all at once.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Apparently there's absolutely no way to tell, since someone had a Hanson Bridgett pre-select this morning at midnight and someone else just got one now. It seems like the firms don't release them all at once.

Ah, yeah, good catch.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

If anyone gets a WSGR or Fenwick invite later today or in the week, please post to let the rest of us know so we don't go around neurotically checking things all day.

For those planning to go that aren't in the Bay area, are you all going for just Saturday or flying in Friday? Don't know how willing I am to spend on the hotel, but at the same time earliest I can probably get there is around 1040-11AM Saturday morning, which might be pushing it depending on when interviews are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone gets a WSGR or Fenwick invite later today or in the week, please post to let the rest of us know so we don't go around neurotically checking things all day.

For those planning to go that aren't in the Bay area, are you all going for just Saturday or flying in Friday? Don't know how willing I am to spend on the hotel, but at the same time earliest I can probably get there is around 1040-11AM Saturday morning, which might be pushing it depending on when interviews are.

i was a WSGR alternate from the beginning....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone gets a WSGR or Fenwick invite later today or in the week, please post to let the rest of us know so we don't go around neurotically checking things all day.

Announcement on the front page says that Fenwick isn't out yet, you can stop neurotically checking for a bit!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Does anyone know how the Lottery works and when we will know about that?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know how the Lottery works and when we will know about that?

I thought lottery decisions were decided already and counted as preselects?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know how the Lottery works and when we will know about that?

No, the lottery isn't until July 8th. These are only pre-selects.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Had no idea, thanks for the info. So we check back again on the 8th and sign up for lottery spots then? That's when alternate sign ups start too right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Had no idea, thanks for the info. So we check back again on the 8th and sign up for lottery spots then? That's when alternate sign ups start too right?

On the 8th Symplicity will run the lottery, not sure when those invites get posted. The website says alternate invites go out on the 9th, so lottery and alternate invites probably get posted at the same time.

This is all under "career fair timelines" in the Related Information box on the front page of the diversity fair webpage. I don't think it's listed anywhere in Symplicity.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I don't think we sign up for lottery. Simplicity does it based on the rankings we originally selected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On the 8th Symplicity will run the lottery, not sure when those invites get posted. The website says alternate invites go out on the 9th, so lottery and alternate invites probably get posted at the same time.

This is all under "career fair timelines" in the Related Information box on the front page of the diversity fair webpage. I don't think it's listed anywhere in Symplicity.

I thought alternate invites had already been given, weren't some people reporting they had gotten alternate spots today?
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had no idea, thanks for the info. So we check back again on the 8th and sign up for lottery spots then? That's when alternate sign ups start too right?

I don't think we sign up for lottery. Simplicity does it based on the rankings we originally selected.

By sign up I meant accept the interview

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On the 8th Symplicity will run the lottery, not sure when those invites get posted. The website says alternate invites go out on the 9th, so lottery and alternate invites probably get posted at the same time.

I thought alternate invites had already been given, weren't some people reporting they had gotten alternate spots today?
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had no idea, thanks for the info. So we check back again on the 8th and sign up for lottery spots then? That's when alternate sign ups start too right?

I have one alternate. But it just says "alternate" instead of "no invite." There's nothing to accept or click on. After all the pre-selects confirm or turn down interviews the firms will dole out invites to some of the alternates, depending on how many spots open up. Then from July 9th- July 15th the alternates can accept those interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Posted on the website.

Below is a list of employers that have not submitted their selections yet:

DLA Piper
Downey Brand
Fenwick & West
Kirkland & Ellis
Laughlin, Falbo, Levy & Moresi
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
San Francisco District Attorney's Office
San Mateo County District Attorney's Office
Shute Mihaly & Weinberger
Weil, Gotshal & Manges

Please stayed tuned at this announcement board for the latest updates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User wrote:

I have one alternate. But it just says "alternate" instead of "no invite." There's nothing to accept or click on. After all the pre-selects confirm or turn down interviews the firms will dole out invites to some of the alternates, depending on how many spots open up. Then from July 9th- July 15th the alternates can accept those interviews.

just wondering if there have ever been any spots for alternates in the last few years? can't imagine anyone turning down interviews this early in the game

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just wondering if there have ever been any spots for alternates in the last few years? can't imagine anyone turning down interviews this early in the game

People got alternate spots last year. Some people are required to turn down interviews because you're only allowed a maximum of 10. Some people probably turn them down if they're going to have to travel for it and only got one or two and decide it's not worth the cost.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just wondering if there have ever been any spots for alternates in the last few years? can't imagine anyone turning down interviews this early in the game

You would be shocked by the number of students who think 'its just one interview not worth flying out' and decline. More for us, I guess.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

DLA Piper crossed off just now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Announcement on the front page says that Fenwick isn't out yet, you can stop neurotically checking for a bit!

Nice, thank you! Wasn't reading like that a few hours ago so I appreciate the notice. Definitely will be attending if I get them as well, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to go regardless.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Weil is also crossed off the list.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

got a preselect for weil.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got a preselect for weil.

Same

Return to “Legal Employment”