2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Anyone have any idea what the timing expectations are pushing forward?

It seems there were many stories to be had yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any idea what the timing expectations are pushing forward?

It seems there were many stories to be had yesterday.


Do tell.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:57 am

Wondering the same thing - basically when's a good time to start forgetting about getting a call-back.

Whoever gets a call back, can you please post here when it happens so we get an idea of when they are going out?

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby hyakku » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 am

^ Agreed, would be helpful. Great meeting a lot of you over the weekend, hope everyone got to enjoy themselves too.

Edit: We should also try to keep track of the CBs for future classes too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:15 pm

hyakku wrote:^ Agreed, would be helpful. Great meeting a lot of you over the weekend, hope everyone got to enjoy themselves too.

Edit: We should also try to keep track of the CBs for future classes too.


I could possibly put together an input form so we can collect data for a spreadsheet.

Also, a friend of mine told me he already has 2 CBs :shock:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:^ Agreed, would be helpful. Great meeting a lot of you over the weekend, hope everyone got to enjoy themselves too.

Edit: We should also try to keep track of the CBs for future classes too.


I could possibly put together an input form so we can collect data for a spreadsheet.

Also, a friend of mine told me he already has 2 CBs :shock:


Can confirm that some Latham CBs have gone out today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:^ Agreed, would be helpful. Great meeting a lot of you over the weekend, hope everyone got to enjoy themselves too.

Edit: We should also try to keep track of the CBs for future classes too.


I could possibly put together an input form so we can collect data for a spreadsheet.

Also, a friend of mine told me he already has 2 CBs :shock:


Can confirm that some Latham CBs have gone out today.


SF, SV, or both?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:^ Agreed, would be helpful. Great meeting a lot of you over the weekend, hope everyone got to enjoy themselves too.

Edit: We should also try to keep track of the CBs for future classes too.


I could possibly put together an input form so we can collect data for a spreadsheet.

Also, a friend of mine told me he already has 2 CBs :shock:


Can confirm that some Latham CBs have gone out today.


SF, SV, or both?


Only know of SV, no idea on SF.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks. Please keep posting updates

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:07 pm

WilmerHale is out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Also, a friend of mine told me he already has 2 CBs :shock:


Which firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Did people get phone calls or e-mails?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 am

Skadden SV has sent some CBs out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden SV has sent some CBs out


+1, as has Cooley SV.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

Cooley email ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 am

Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out


this morning or last night? haven't received a ding nor a CB yet, starting to think they forgot about me...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 am

Running List:

Latham SV
Cooley SV
Skadden SV
Jones Day
WilmerHale

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out


this morning or last night? haven't received a ding nor a CB yet, starting to think they forgot about me...


+1 - is it possible all of the CBs/dings were from one interviewer, with the other not having processed everything yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out


this morning or last night? haven't received a ding nor a CB yet, starting to think they forgot about me...



I am on the same boat. Think that I will receive rejections in the USPS mail several days later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out


this morning or last night? haven't received a ding nor a CB yet, starting to think they forgot about me...



I am on the same boat. Think that I will receive rejections in the USPS mail several days later.

Unlikely. Someone already got an email ding. Unless you didn't give them an email address it would be strange for them to send you a ding by mail. They probably just haven't made a final decision about you guys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yup Cooley sv callbacks have gone out


this morning or last night? haven't received a ding nor a CB yet, starting to think they forgot about me...



I am on the same boat. Think that I will receive rejections in the USPS mail several days later.

Unlikely. Someone already got an email ding. Unless you didn't give them an email address it would be strange for them to send you a ding by mail. They probably just haven't made a final decision about you guys.


Exactly. Either they haven't gotten through the pile. Or, they got through the pile and have gotten through Automatic Yes's and No's, but not the people in the middle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 pm

weil ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:10 pm

coworker says kirkland out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Bay Area Diversity Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:coworker says kirkland out


Updated List:

Latham SV
Cooley SV
Skadden SV
Jones Day
WilmerHale
Weil (only word of ding)
MoFo
Kirkland




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.