LinkedIn Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LinkedIn Question

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 am

Hi All,

I am a rising 3L that landed a summer associate position with a mid-size firm in the spring. My current firm has a really low offer rate (think 10%). I was lucky enough to land a few big/midlaw interviews after OCI season, and did not land any offers other than my current firm.

Due to the offer rate, I am obviously keeping my eyes peeled for other opportunities. I recently noticed that several partners/recruiters from the firms I interviewed with late in the game have been viewing my linkedin profile. I have no mutual connections or anything and haven't been in contact with those people (different partners/recruiters than those I met with). I was wondering if I can interpret this as a sign of future interest and how to proceed?

Also, any other advice on how to land a post-graduation gig as a 3L with an SA would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rad lulz

Re: LinkedIn Question

Postby rad lulz » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also, any other advice on how to land a post-graduation gig as a 3L with an SA would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Standard copypasa advice to a VERY broad inquiry:

rad lulz wrote:There is no 3L hiring "season." 3L job search possibilities look like this

2) Mass mail - low return for even the minimal amount of time it takes to research/mail merge due to the fact that the firms you mail must want to hire and want to hire AT THE TIME you mail and often they are looking to fill a specific practice need

3) Networking - hope you got on that sometime over the past few years

4) Symplicity - low response rate but better than mass mailing because those firms are ACTUALLY hiring when you submit your resume.

5) Whatever your CSO can scrounge up for you - probably nothing

6) Small firm or govt you clerk/intern for during the year - decent option if you can do this; those places may want to hire you or know people who will

Return to “Legal Employment”