Williams and Connolly hiring process

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Williams and Connolly hiring process

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:06 pm

0L headed to a T14 here. After doing (admittedly preliminary) research, I've come to the conclusion that Williams and Connolly is my dream firm. Not that I haven't identified a least a dozen others I would love to work for, but in my mind W&C is far above the rest. So I've been focused on what I need to do to have a shot. Excellent grades, duh (I know it isn't guaranteed, but it's always nice to have something to shoot for). But I'm a little confused with regards to the clerkships. They're admittedly not a goal of mine, but it seems they're de rigeur to get hired at W&C--I'm a K-JD, so I really doubt I'll be one of the exceptions. But can someone explain exactly how the process works? After your SA, is there something of an unspoken agreement that you can come back after you've spent a year doing a decent federal clerkship? How exactly does that work? I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but this seems to be a requirement that's pretty unique to W&C.

-Helmholtz Watson

Myself

Re: Williams and Connolly hiring process

Postby Myself » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Go to a T3 school and kill it there.

And get out of this forum--read rules.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 pm

0L headed to a T14 here. After doing (admittedly preliminary) research, I've come to the conclusion that Williams and Connolly is my dream firm.

That's the money shot right there.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
0L headed to a T14 here. After doing (admittedly preliminary) research, I've come to the conclusion that Williams and Connolly is my dream firm.

That's the money shot right there.

Agreed. OP you sound unbearable. Get through 1L first broski

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”