Los Angeles Public Defender Hiring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Los Angeles Public Defender Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I recently interviewed with the LA Public Defender and wanted to see if anyone had any insight on the interview process. I've been told it can be months before you hear back after you get your initial score, but wanted to confirm that. Anyone else interview with them or know of anyone who has already received an offer?

Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles Public Defender Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 pm

I worked for them last summer and didn't have to wait too long after the interview to hear back. I'm surprised you heard it takes months. I'd say a couple weeks to a month sounds more like what I remember.

Myself

Postby Myself » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles Public Defender Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 pm

I heard back about my initial score (Group 1) a few days after the first interview, but haven't heard anything since (it's been about a month). Spoke to someone on the inside that said it could take up to 3 months to hear about a second or job offer. Apparently they said because of all the court closures, lots of people are being moved around? Any insight on that?

I interviewed for a full-time attorney spot to be a PD 1.

Return to “Legal Employment”