Interviewing for a different firm for 3L Fall

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interviewing for a different firm for 3L Fall

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Rising 3L, I just started working at a mid size civil litigation firm (plaintiff's work as well as general commercial litigation) with a good rep in town last week. However, today i received a call from a bigger firm 2 blocks away from where i live that offers a more diverse practice asking to interview for a summer position that I had applied for months ago. I declined the interview telling them that I had recently accepted a position for the summer. In response that told me that the position was also open for the fall and wanted to know if I was still interested and I told them that I would get back them tomorrow. At my current job, the issue of a job after graduation and/or in the fall was only vaguely discussed if at all. Would accepting the interview and/or accepting a position with the firm in the fall while only just starting to work at my current job be an issue? Would this be taboo in anyway? I would at least want to take the interview and see what they have to say but at the same time I would not want to jeopardize my current job in anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rad lulz

Re: Interviewing for a different firm for 3L Fall

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Interview for the fall position

Should be no big

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:49 am

Take the interview. It's always good to have options.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Thank you for the advice. Interviewing set up and legal recruiter indicated they would be willing to start me at the end of July if I were accepted. May have somehow found a back door into biglaw (for my region) for half a summer. Unreal.

Return to “Legal Employment”