To those who have taken the CA bar/ are registered... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

To those who have taken the CA bar/ are registered...

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:14 am

I was just about to apply (the deadline is June 17th I think). I just realized that I also have to register with the state bar before I can apply. I just applied with the state bar and paid the $103 fee like 5 mins ago. Am I in trouble? How long should it take to get the state bar registration back? Should I prepare anything to send in? Will they get back to me by the 17th, or can I just send my bar application in conterminously?

Thanks!

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 am

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: To those who have taken the CA bar/ are registered...

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:41 am

ajax adonis wrote:You're pretty far behind. Did you just get a job there or something? Start filling out your character and moral fitness stuff. Go talk with your counselor or people in your career office who can help you with all the details step by step.
Yeah, I didn't plan on taking it until a few days ago, and was already signed up for a different bar. My only big question is if I got my bar application in soon enough (yesterday) to take to apply to take the bar examination by the 17th, and any hangups I may run into.

BeautifulSW

Silver

Re: To those who have taken the CA bar/ are registered...

Post by BeautifulSW » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:18 am

Assuming you have no criminal or mental health issues, the only "hangup" in getting admitted is that it takes FOREVER. It takes many weeks just to get your exam results and it can take the authorities months to complete their C&F review if you've lived any sort of life at all. So like ajax says, get your C&F stuff in muy pronto. Don't wait until after the bar exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”