NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Katten - Chi
Ding - Email
3.56

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:52 pm

There really isn't any use in sitting here and knowing you got dinged 3 days before the letter gets to your apartment. Focus on upcoming interviews, not counting your dings. It's not healthy.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Icculus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Desert Fox wrote:There really isn't any use in sitting here and knowing you got dinged 3 days before the letter gets to your apartment. Focus on upcoming interviews, not counting your dings. It's not healthy.


I would second this. I think some people get so worried about this stuff it drives them crazy. Just focus on giving the best interviews you can.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Wow - I was just mass-mail BCC dinged by Clifford Chance. Not cool... :evil:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Jones Day Chi - CB, phone call
McDermott Chi - CB, email
Mayer Brown Chi - CB, phone call
3.6 GPA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:McDermott Chi - CB, email

I hope they aren't done. Thought I crushed that interview- one of the interviewers actually gave me a hug and said "we'll see you soon"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:McDermott Chi - CB, email

I hope they aren't done. Thought I crushed that interview- one of the interviewers actually gave me a hug and said "we'll see you soon"


I got an email ding an hour or so ago, so if you didn't get that you're at least still in the running. Good luck!

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby splitmuch » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day Chi - CB, phone call
McDermott Chi - CB, email
Mayer Brown Chi - CB, phone call
3.6 GPA


Congrats, solid interviewing

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day Chi - CB, phone call
McDermott Chi - CB, email
Mayer Brown Chi - CB, phone call
3.6 GPA


Congrats, solid interviewing



Thanks! Totally unexpected. Also Schiff Hardin Chicago has started making phone callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hope they aren't done. Thought I crushed that interview- one of the interviewers actually gave me a hug and said "we'll see you soon"


I got an email ding an hour or so ago, so if you didn't get that you're at least still in the running. Good luck!

thanks for that, lets me keep the hope alive

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Anyone get a DPW rejection yet?

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby basilseal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Keep in mind that MWE hires by group, so there might be some serious differences in time of CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 pm

basilseal wrote:Keep in mind that MWE hires by group, so there might be some serious differences in time of CBs.


At least MWE corporate and trial practice groups cbs are out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
basilseal wrote:Keep in mind that MWE hires by group, so there might be some serious differences in time of CBs.


At least MWE corporate and trial practice groups cbs are out.


healthcare advisory too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
basilseal wrote:Keep in mind that MWE hires by group, so there might be some serious differences in time of CBs.


At least MWE corporate and trial practice groups cbs are out.


healthcare advisory too.

Anyone hear from tax or private client?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Anyone hear from Seward & Kissel (NY)? Also, are Weil CBs all out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Seward & Kissel (NY)? Also, are Weil CBs all out?

Also curious about this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 pm

So if I haven't heard back from a NY firm for more than 24 hours after the interview, is it most likely a ding? How about for Chi firms? Has anyone heard back from Bryan Cave (Chi), DLA Piper (Chi)? Also, are Mayer Brown Chicago CBs all out? I thought I really nailed that interview but I did not get a CB.... this really hurts.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, are Weil CBs all out?

Also curious about this.



I got an email ding early this afternoon, so if you haven't received one, maybe you're still in the running?

Anonymous User wrote:So if I haven't heard back from a NY firm for more than 24 hours after the interview, is it most likely a ding?
Probs not. I got a NY cb 48 hours after the fact. Especially now that it's the weekend, the wait will probably be a little longer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an email ding early this afternoon, so if you haven't received one, maybe you're still in the running?

Interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 pm

If some of you were wondering about how to focus on next week, like DF/Iccy suggested, I found this thread really really enlightening re: interviews (Parts III/IV). If you're like me and feel like you haven't been necessarily the most coherent/persuasive in interviews, you might find it useful.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=214732
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an email ding early this afternoon, so if you haven't received one, maybe you're still in the running?

Interviewer?


J.S.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If some of you were wondering about how to focus on next week, like DF/Iccy suggested, I found this thread really really enlightening re: interviews (Parts III/IV). If you're like me and feel like you haven't been necessarily the most coherent/persuasive in interviews, you might find it useful.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=214732


I'll second this. Reading through this and reflecting on past interviews for a few minutes is already more productive than my day of intermittent panic attacks and wallowing in my unemployability.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Icculus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If some of you were wondering about how to focus on next week, like DF/Iccy suggested, I found this thread really really enlightening re: interviews (Parts III/IV). If you're like me and feel like you haven't been necessarily the most coherent/persuasive in interviews, you might find it useful.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=214732


When abbreviating please stick to "Icc", "Iccy" just sounds silly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273089
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NU OCI 2013/The Great Jerb Hunt

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Seward & Kissel (NY)? Also, are Weil CBs all out?

Also curious about this.


SK CB yesterday




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.