Waitlist at Cook County State's Attorney's Office

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Waitlist at Cook County State's Attorney's Office

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:23 am

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office? I have been on the waitlist since May of 2012. I know that a lot of people have been hired off of the waitlist in the last 6 months. The letter that the office sent me last May said I will be on the waitlist till November of 2013. Has anyone heard about movement on this list? Any info or rumors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Waitlist at Cook County State's Attorney's Office

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Anyone??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:44 pm

stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Finished pretty high up in my class, chicago area law school, clerked there around two years, had all my supervisors and ASAs advocate and make calls

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

The general rumor has been that pretty much everyone from the 2012 waitlist got hired. I don't think there's much info to add to that. Have you tried calling, and if so what did they say? Maybe send a letter to let them know you're still interested. Or better yet have a supervisor call for you. I would do something to make sure they know you're still out there. With Cook County it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone slips through the cracks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 am

I've been calling consistently for the last few months. They've said that the waitlist is still active, that I'm still on it and that they make offers as spots become available. I've been in touch with my old supervisors who have put a good word in with some of the higher ups at the office. I was also pretty worried about my application being lost or something slipping through the cracks, but is seems like they still have everything. Hopefully things start moving again soon.

SouthernMiss

Postby SouthernMiss » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Can anyone here answer questions about interning with CCSAO over the summer? If so: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=225245&p=7518939#p7518939

Return to “Legal Employment”