Callbacks in Faraway Markets

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Tiago Splitter

Callbacks in Faraway Markets

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 am

I'm planning to bid heavily on NYC and also toss some bids to Southern California firms. Assuming I get more than one callback in SoCal I'd like to do them all on the same trip, but is there a preferred way (for both students and firms) to set this up? Or do you just schedule them all as quickly as possible, consistent with conventional wisdom, and take multiple trips if you have to? Right now I'm thinking I should leave a week open for SoCal callbacks and just plan to be out there the entire time. Is this a bad idea?

stratocophic

Re: Callbacks in Faraway Markets

Postby stratocophic » Fri May 31, 2013 11:30 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:I'm planning to bid heavily on NYC and also toss some bids to Southern California firms. Assuming I get more than one callback in SoCal I'd like to do them all on the same trip, but is there a preferred way (for both students and firms) to set this up? Or do you just schedule them all as quickly as possible, consistent with conventional wisdom, and take multiple trips if you have to? Right now I'm thinking I should leave a week open for SoCal callbacks and just plan to be out there the entire time. Is this a bad idea?
Email or call the recruiters at the other firms. Sometimes it'll force their hand and they'll give you a callback b/c you're already in the area. Makes life easier for them too b/c they don't have to set up your hotel etc., they just have to coordinate repayment for the host firm. In smaller markets they may even already know the recruiters at the other major firms. I think it's definitely a positive overall

Lateral2013

Re: Callbacks in Faraway Markets

Postby Lateral2013 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Agree with the above poster. Get them all done at once. When you get your first callback request, contact any firms that you haven't heard from and let them know you will be in the area.

Return to “Legal Employment”