What to put for description for judicial internship on resum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to put for description for judicial internship on resum

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am

rising 2l just started my judicial internship this week.. about to update my resume for the semjf job fair having trouble on what to put for my job descrption on my resume...as its only my first week the only thing ive done so far is sit in on oral arguments and then the deliberations and I'm in the process of writing my first memo/analysis of a case

I would ask my carreer planning office but they take too long to reply to emails and generally aren't that helpful
any advice?

lolwat

Re: What to put for description for judicial internship on resum

Postby lolwat » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

Hm.

Honestly, I deleted the description for my judicial internship. No idea if that's the right move, but I think it's typically very similar stuff across judicial internships (and even clerkships) that a description isn't really necessary.

Still, if you wanted to include something, it'd probably just be like "conducted legal research; drafted legal memoranda; observed court proceedings" and add as much (or as little) detail as you feel like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 am

lolwat wrote:Hm.

Honestly, I deleted the description for my judicial internship. No idea if that's the right move, but I think it's typically very similar stuff across judicial internships (and even clerkships) that a description isn't really necessary.

Still, if you wanted to include something, it'd probably just be like "conducted legal research; drafted legal memoranda; observed court proceedings" and add as much (or as little) detail as you feel like.

ok thanks!

Myself

Postby Myself » Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Some law schools have sample resumes for 1Ls, 2Ls, etc. I would take a look for some language there. Example: http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/care ... sumes.html

Oh, and as a tip while interning for a judge and writing resumes: make sure to double-check your sentences (e.g., your thread title) for typos. ;)

thanks for the link that should be very helpful...and haha I just noticed the typo

Return to “Legal Employment”