Hey 1Ls, how's your job?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
guyplus

Re: Hey 1Ls, how's your job?

Postby guyplus » Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Ok
Last edited by guyplus on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

wvu

Postby wvu » Tue May 28, 2013 12:18 am

It's awesome. I get to live in DC, work for the government, have decent hours, incredibly nice people, a decent office, and I've already sent out things to real people across the country who've replied with their thanks and how much help I was. Feels good to be doing something meaningful and not writing bullshit essays for no reason.

LSL wrote:For those of us doing gov't work, let's start a betting pool on how many days we'll work before our passwords/logins do. :wink:

Got lucky on computer/logins and got my Westlaw/Lexis credentials in a day, but my Metro card that was supposed to come preloaded still isn't. :|

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue May 28, 2013 12:22 am

Scotusnerd wrote:
rad lulz wrote:It's actually more common than you would think for the trial atty to assist the appellate atty in preparing the IAC claim for appeal

Shit, clients tend to be stoked if you can reverse due to IAC

All that "you're in danger" shit is way overblown

There are many reasons not to want to be a criminal defense atty or to prefer prosecution but this is not one of them

Some good reasons: clients tend to be uneducated, difficult to work with, have no idea what you can reasonably accomplish, and have no $

Yeah fair enough, but there is still an element of danger. Don't dismiss the fact that criminals are crazy.
Case in point: --LinkRemoved--

Obviously the attorney was lucky.

Edit: Quoting was horrible.

Definitely more dangerous than tax or whatnot, no argument there

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninjaunderwear

Postby ninjaunderwear » Tue May 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Jsa725 wrote:Getting fingerprints for my jerb... There is only one person in line in front of me and this dude is taking foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever

Is it this guy?

Return to “Legal Employment”