Multiple Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Multiple Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

I have 3 interviews this week and am not sure the etiquette for handling any offers I receive (hopefully!). Should I simply accept the first one that offers me a job? Or can I ask for a day or two to get back to them to find out how all the interviews go?

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Multiple Interviews

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon May 20, 2013 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have 3 interviews this week and am not sure the etiquette for handling any offers I receive (hopefully!). Should I simply accept the first one that offers me a job? Or can I ask for a day or two to get back to them to find out how all the interviews go?

What kinds of jobs are these, and when are these jobs supposed to start? Usually, unless it's a judicial clerkship, employers will give you at least a little time to decide, but if they're for this summer, the timeline will probably be compressed. I wouldn't say, "Can I have a couple of days to decide," I'd ask, "When do you need a response by?" (If they turn around and say, "Now," then you can ask for more time, but I'd begin by assuming you have a few days.) If course, if you want the first one that offers and know you'd take it over the others, feel free to accept right away.

Return to “Legal Employment”