Best SA Bloopers / Epic SA Fails to Avoid and Laugh At Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mr.hands

Silver

Re: Best SA Bloopers / Epic SA Fails to Avoid and Laugh At

Post by mr.hands » Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This happened last year. A summer told the hiring partner at a V50 firm that when he started full-time (this was before he had even received a full-time offer) he wouldn't work on Saturdays and had to leave by 6 during the week. No offered.
This is excellent. What kind of person says this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 28, 2013 10:20 pm

At one of my summer firms in New York, there was a girl that who got no-offered because she wouldn't stop crying. Every time they gave her feedback, she would just cry.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At one of my summer firms in New York, there was a girl that who got no-offered because she wouldn't stop crying. Every time they gave her feedback, she would just cry.
I interviewed at a firm where they told this story about a summer.

So they put an associate in charge of handing out summer assignments, and he tried to make it "fun" by giving people their choice of assignments if they answered a trivia question correctly. One summer wasn't very good at trivia, but really wanted assignments in one practice area (which she kept not getting) and ended up crying in the assignments meeting.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At one of my summer firms in New York, there was a girl that who got no-offered because she wouldn't stop crying. Every time they gave her feedback, she would just cry.
The proper time for that is alone in your office w the door closed

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 am

rad lulz wrote:
If I got through my whole summer pregnant without ever crying in front of anyone...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed May 29, 2013 10:51 am

IAFG wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
If I got through my whole summer pregnant without ever crying in front of anyone...
If

scifiguy

Silver

Post by scifiguy » Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:A few years ago, and also handed down, a SA passed out drunk in the bathroom of the firm dinner and woke up in the home of the hiring partner, wrapped in a blanket on the couch with a note informing her of where she was and what the dog was named. Miraculously, she got an offer and started as an associate the following year. I have to assume this was pre ITE.

HTH
What does ITE mean?

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:49 am

scifiguy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A few years ago, and also handed down, a SA passed out drunk in the bathroom of the firm dinner and woke up in the home of the hiring partner, wrapped in a blanket on the couch with a note informing her of where she was and what the dog was named. Miraculously, she got an offer and started as an associate the following year. I have to assume this was pre ITE.

HTH
What does In This Economy mean?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Bump. Surely people have some fresh stories by now, even ITE...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Nothing that spectacular, but there have been two incidents at my firm involving video conferencing and summers not realizing that the mute button is off. The funniest was a training we have that was too complicated and hard to follow. At the conclusion, a summer said in front of the whole firm, "What just happened?" I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes afterwards.

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Nothing that spectacular, but there have been two incidents at my firm involving video conferencing and summers not realizing that the mute button is off. The funniest was a training we have that was too complicated and hard to follow. At the conclusion, a summer said in front of the whole firm, "What just happened?" I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes afterwards.
I like it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Not a Summer story, but a Managing Attorney at the nonprofit where I worked was setting up a conference call to dial in... We were all around the conference table and he carefully dials in the number, on speaker... We are all waiting, notebooks ready.

On comes a sultry women's voice... It's a sex line.

Poor man turned bright red. No one made a single comment, he just hung up and dialed in the right number. That was an odd moment.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After I got no offered, I found it really hard to laugh at these kind of stories, even though I was no offered for a different reason.
TBF a lot of the people who these stories are about think the same.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”