Conflict Checks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Conflict Checks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 11:50 am

Anyone know whether a big law firm will call a current employer in the process of performing a conflict check? I'm quitting my job and don't want my current employer to know yet...

Anonymous User

Re: Conflict Checks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Anyone?

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Sun May 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know whether a big law firm will call a current employer in the process of performing a conflict check? I'm quitting my job and don't want my current employer to know yet...

They didn't for me. It was my responsibility to tell the firm who the clients were.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 pm

If the firm does a background check, the company who runs the background check probably will though I'm not sure what they'll ask other than to just confirm employment. I think, though am not sure, that conflicts fall on your shoulders.

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If the firm does a background check, the company who runs the background check probably will though I'm not sure what they'll ask other than to just confirm employment. I think, though am not sure, that conflicts fall on your shoulders.

Agreed, background check is a different matter. I believe they generally do contact your previous employers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Awesome- thanks.

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Sun May 05, 2013 9:04 pm

My SA firm was willing to wait until I told my current job before performing checks.

Return to “Legal Employment”