Callback Follow-Up

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Follow-Up

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 03, 2013 2:04 pm

It has been about a week and a half since I had a callback interview at an NLJ250 firm. The HR coordinator told me after the interview that they had one other interview to conduct (held late last week) and that I might hear back from somebody by Tuesday of this week.

Still have not heard anything as of today. The firm was intent on filling the position by mid-late May, so I assumed any positive news would come sooner rather than later. The position is still posted on the firm's website, so I don't know if that means they are still making a decision or waiting on an offer to be accepted.

Should I follow up with the HR coordinator or assume that I have been dinged based on lack of response?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Follow-Up

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 03, 2013 2:25 pm

definitely follow up

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm

I would wait two weeks if they did not tell you otherwise, at least two weeks. During Fall recruiting, I waited a month usually. Then, I do not know if it works differently for 3Ls.

MinEMorris

Postby MinEMorris » Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 pm

I would wait until Monday or Tuesday to follow up. I know it's merely anecdotal, but I've been in your position many times, and every time that I waited, I ended up hearing back from them in a reasonable amount of time.

adonai

Postby adonai » Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Just do it. If it is your first time following up, you shouldn't even have to worry about it. They gave you an estimated decision date, it has been a few days since that date, so you have good reason to anyway.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat May 04, 2013 11:11 am

You can if you want, but it's pointless. They won't forget about you, and you won't win or lose anything by checking in.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I've decided not to follow-up since the firm probably knows who I am and will reply when there is news. I fear that it is a ding because I'm positive they would have wanted to fill the position by now given the immediate need.

Back to my unexciting, under-employed post-grad life...

Return to “Legal Employment”