Inviting me for a phone-call after CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Inviting me for a phone-call after CB

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:14 pm

What does this mean? (I'm a 1L - law clerk position at a consulting firm). If they wanted to give me an offer why wouldn't they just call me now instead of asking me for a phone call tomorrow morning? Is it possible they just want to nicely reject me? I have a phone call with the two people who interviewed me for the screener interview, not the other three attorneys who interviewed me for the CB. They seemed to like me and they know that this position is my number one choice because I told them I have another offer that I am supposed to accept or reject by tomorrow.

Help. Freaking out. :(

splitmuch

Re: Inviting me for a phone-call after CB

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What does this mean? (I'm a 1L - law clerk position at a consulting firm). If they wanted to give me an offer why wouldn't they just call me now instead of asking me for a phone call tomorrow morning? Is it possible they just want to nicely reject me? I have a phone call with the two people who interviewed me for the screener interview, not the other three attorneys who interviewed me for the CB. They seemed to like me and they know that this position is my number one choice because I told them I have another offer that I am supposed to accept or reject by tomorrow.

Help. Freaking out. :(

Did you just get the invitation? Considering the time they could have made the decision but were leaving for the day. I would imagine youll be getting an offer when you call. Good luck

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Yes, I just got the invitation.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Sounds like they want to give you an offer.

Return to “Legal Employment”