Follow-up Phone Call: Before or After Partner Meeting?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
david.bledsoe

Follow-up Phone Call: Before or After Partner Meeting?

Postby david.bledsoe » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I had a second interview last week at a firm I'd really like to work for, and I think it went really well. The interview lasted about an hour, and then I was shown the entire building and introduced to all of the partners that were in the office (not many because it was a Friday). I followed up with a traditional thank you card (as I did for the first interview also). I sent it Friday so I'm assuming it arrived today or will arrive tomorrow.

At the end of the second interview, I asked the interviewer what the next step of the interview process was, if there would be another round of interviews, etc. She said there was partner meeting at the beginning of May and the Associate position I had been interviewing for would be one of the topics of discussion. She also stated that she didn't know if there would be additional interviews or if the decision would be left solely up to her since the position would be directly under her supervision.

My question is if/when I should follow up with a phone call: before the meeting in May so I'm fresh on her mind (but it is likely she won't have any new information for me) or after the meeting when she will have some information?

Thanks in advance.

david.bledsoe

Re: Follow-up Phone Call: Before or After Partner Meeting?

Postby david.bledsoe » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Bump.

Return to “Legal Employment”