SEO c/o 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby edamame » Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 pm

clouded.memory wrote:I and a few others received our Bay Area placements yesterday, so I would think that NY placements will be released soon.


Did you get your start dates, as well?

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby clouded.memory » Sun May 05, 2013 2:45 pm

edamame wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:I and a few others received our Bay Area placements yesterday, so I would think that NY placements will be released soon.


Did you get your start dates, as well?

Oops, sorry, yes, we did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 2:53 pm

I just got my placement and start date in NYC

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Sun May 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got my placement and start date in NYC



Gah! Jealous!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 3:01 pm

How many interns do they normally place with each firm (if anyone knows)?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby txdude45 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got my placement and start date in NYC

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Sun May 05, 2013 3:13 pm

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just got my placement and start date in NYC

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby edamame » Sun May 05, 2013 3:27 pm

subtle wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just got my placement and start date in NYC


+1. Does anyone wanna tell SEO to start an FB group? I started one and it only has, like, two members in it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How much money are you guys thinking about spending for housing this summer? Our pay is around 1300 a week right?



so speaking of $1300 per week or salaries in general, is $1300 a given across the board? Or is there variation? (trying to prep my voice tone for when I hear the confirmation...)

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby txdude45 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How much money are you guys thinking about spending for housing this summer? Our pay is around 1300 a week right?



so speaking of $1300 per week or salaries in general, is $1300 a given across the board? Or is there variation? (trying to prep my voice tone for when I hear the confirmation...)


On my call, they said it ranged from $1200-$1500 last year. Only 1, or 2 firms at the high end though.

User avatar
LSH91
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby LSH91 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:How many interns do they normally place with each firm (if anyone knows)?



Also interested.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Which do I choose?
1. Cheap NYU housing without air conditioning and with a roommate who may be a perfectly nice person to room with or who may turn out to be Satan.
2. One of the nice single rooms through the other organizations that basically list their costs as "your firstborn child and nothing else will do."

Decisions, decisions.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Mon May 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Has anyone received the call from their firm yet?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby edamame » Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 pm

subtle wrote:Has anyone received the call from their firm yet?


Not yet.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby txdude45 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm

edamame wrote:
subtle wrote:Has anyone received the call from their firm yet?


Not yet.


They're getting us used to the notion that we will wait and we will suffer. 80% chance they call us tonight and say we were supposed to call them 6 hours ago and they need that research in an hour.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Lol. Probably. I just wanted to double check. It occurred to me that I put a phone number on my resume that isn't valid for a few more days. I didn't even think about listing both numbers. :?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby edamame » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm

subtle wrote:Lol. Probably. I just wanted to double check. It occurred to me that I put a phone number on my resume that isn't valid for a few more days. I didn't even think about listing both numbers. :?


Email Luisa maybe? Better safe than sorry.

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby facile princeps » Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Happy to see that no one has been contacted by their firm yet. I was beginning to think the firm looked at my resume this morning and was like gtfo.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 pm

facile princeps wrote:Happy to see that no one has been contacted by their firm yet. I was beginning to think the firm looked at my resume this morning and was like gtfo.


:lol: Word.

edamame wrote:Email Luisa maybe? Better safe than sorry.


Luisa is aware of the number that you need to use to contact me right now. She's called me on it. If I don't hear by the time I go to bed tonight, I'll let her know before I do.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 pm

facile princeps wrote:Happy to see that no one has been contacted by their firm yet. I was beginning to think the firm looked at my resume this morning and was like gtfo.


Same here.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby clouded.memory » Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Does anyone know if we have to report our salaries to our school's financial aid department, once we hear from the firm (hopefully today)?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby txdude45 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

My phone rings: 212 area code. My brain immediately goes "this is it! this is it!" and I pull up my notes. A few rings in I take a deep breath and calmly answer the phone, "Good afternoon, this is txdude45."

A pregnant pause.

"Hi, txdude45, this is Louis from Educational Housing Services."

Image

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby subtle » Mon May 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Word

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 pm

no firm calls as yet on the east coast?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273585
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO c/o 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I got an email from my firm earlier today. contacted me to schedule a call




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.