Callback with a firm a past boss worked at

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback with a firm a past boss worked at

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm

I have a callback interview at a firm this week for a post-graduate position. I just discovered that a boss from a past internship I had was a partner at this firm at one time. Would it be proper to reach out to him and ask for some more information on the firm and maybe get some pointers? This is kind of a long-shot in terms of the turnaround required (callback interview Tuesday or Wednesday), but I figure I might as well try.

nevdash

Re: Callback with a firm a past boss worked at

Postby nevdash » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Probably depends on how close you were with the boss. If you two were very close, I'd call him up on Monday. I know I have a couple of old bosses whom I'd definitely feel comfortable calling in a situation like this; indeed, they might feel offended if I didn't.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback with a firm a past boss worked at

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Semi close. I did a few projects for him, but I had more face time with somebody who worked under him. My current boss used to work at the firm as an associate, but I'm not sure I should ask him for any advice. However, he does know that I am looking for a job, so maybe there won't be any hard feelings? It just seems awkward to ask him for advice.

Return to “Legal Employment”