JDAS Students' Competitiveness!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jingyuan

JDAS Students' Competitiveness!

Postby jingyuan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey, I just want to know the competitiveness of JDAS (JD Advanced Standing, which only requires 2-year JD studying or 3-semester's studying) students. Would they be considered the same competitive as traditional, I mean, 3-years students? Would law firms view against those JDAS students just because the studying years?

Looking forward hearing from your answer! Thanks!

KidStuddi

Re: JDAS Students' Competitiveness!

Postby KidStuddi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

I have no personal experience with this, but you might get an answer if you research the JD vs. LLM debate for foreign students. There have been threads about it before. From what I gather, the reason many foreign law students go for a full JD is so they can avoid the apparent stima of a foreign LLM. It seems to me that a JDAS would have the same comparative disadvantages as a foreign LLM.

jingyuan

Re: JDAS Students' Competitiveness!

Postby jingyuan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm

KidStuddi wrote:I have no personal experience with this, but you might get an answer if you research the JD vs. LLM debate for foreign students. There have been threads about it before. From what I gather, the reason many foreign law students go for a full JD is so they can avoid the apparent stima of a foreign LLM. It seems to me that a JDAS would have the same comparative disadvantages as a foreign LLM.

Thank you! I am considering the chance to work in US after graduation seriously and this is why I apply for JD. Now this 2-year JDAS program seems attractive, if it is really that good. I will do some research on it. Thank you anyway!

Return to “Legal Employment”