Plaintiff's Side Employment Litigation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Plaintiff's Side Employment Litigation

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I've done some work in this area and I find it "interesting," but curious what the job market is for it.

How hard is it to get a jobz in relation to other fields? Pay? Hours

Every time I try to research such things I just keep coming across employment statistics for lawyers / out of law school / Campos type of stuff.... Kind of sucks being interested in something with the word "employment" in it.........

LeDique

Re: Plaintiff's Side Employment Litigation

Postby LeDique » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

It depends on where you are. I can speak a lot about Denver, but am absolutely clueless how it is elsewhere. In Denver, you're looking at ~60k starting (maybe a bit more at one of the few bigger firms), but I think if it's what you're really interested in, it's not THAT hard to get a job. That is, every student member of the plaintiff's bar out here was employed within 6 months of graduation by a plaintiff's employment firm out here. So it's all networking, but given that it's a relatively small community, it's pretty easy to get in and start getting to know everyone. You're not going to get a job from interviewing at OCI and are unlikely to have an offer during 3L. They don't hire ahead of time or add people each year. The nature of plaintiff's employment hiring is they hire someone when they need someone—it's all about being the first person they want to call at that point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Great thread idea. You make Denver seem really optimistic. Any other posters with knowledge of current conditions in Bay Area, Chicago, NYC would be great.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 pm

I wouldn't call 60k and not having a job until after the bar optimistic, but hey.

Return to “Legal Employment”